Chapter 6: Trigger

Começar do início

She just kept going until the pieces were even smaller or they weren't even considered a piece of a Frobot anymore. Just shards of something that was broken, like a glass.

"A...Anne!" Darcy cried, knowing full well this would certainly come in handy.

She had found Anne's trigger.

Anne's eyes widened, and then the glow surrounding her body faded as she rushed over to the love of her life. "Marcy!"

Darcy quickly wrapped her arms tightly around Anne, hugging her. "I-I don't know what h-happened! T-They just started shooting at me! I-I didn't know what to d-do!"

Anne wrapped her arms around her, holding her close and gently rubbing her back in circles. "Shhh... shhh, I'm here, Marcy... I'm here..."

Her mind immediately flashed back to Andrias, and her chest swelled with the burning rage festering inside of her.

That bastard.

He set this up...even after she felt the smallest twinge of sympathy for him after learning he had or supposedly had an abusive father and past.

"Mar-Mar," Anne said, her voice eerily calm, coated with sweetness. "Where is Andrias?"

Darcy looked up at her, now seeming a little confused. "I-In his cell...I-I just gave him his rations...w-why-"

Her eyes then widened. "Y-You think he tried to kill me?!"

"It wouldn't be the first time," Anne sighed, tightening her hold around her girlfriend.

Darcy growled a bit, hugging Anne a little tighter. "I-I hate him, Anne..."

"Don't worry about him, baby..." Anne said, suddenly letting go of her. A sheen of blue crossed her eyes as she turned around to leave the room. "I'll teach him a lesson..."

"B-But please don't kill him..." Darcy said, suddenly grabbing Anne's hand and nervously kissing it. "P-Please..."

Anne's blue eyes softened, pink tinting her cheeks as she noted how warm and soft Marcy's lips were, warmth flooding her chest, and she smiled. "I won't... but only for your sake."

Darcy nodded and slowly let go of Anne's hand as she watched her walk away...she then smirked and closed all of her orange eyes.

The Hivemind started to buzz with, well, amusement. That went better than they thought possible. Well, it was an expectation that it would go this way.

They were Amphibia's greatest minds after all.

"So, that's her trigger." One of the minds said with a smirk. "Poor little Marcy getting hurt...how sweet."

"The girl truly loves her," one of the others chuckled. "Her love is her greatest strength... but also her greatest weakness."

Then, possibly the head of The Hivemind, King Aldrich spoke up. "It's all of their weaknesses...it's what makes them all weak. Anne Boonchuy especially."

"Speaking of weak...why don't we see how little Mar-Mar is doing?" Another suggested, pulling up an orange screen that showed where they put Marcy inside The Hivemind.

In a prison she'd never want to leave. Because she didn't even know it was one.

'Anne' was smiling like a dope at Marcy in the hallways of Saint James Middle School, only halfheartedly listening to Marcy's ramblings, looking absolutely lovestruck as she looked at Marcy.

"And then I took the glider and jumped off the Great Plateau! I got the hang of it pretty quickly!" Marcy said with a giggle before looking at Anne. "Anna-Banana? You alright? You look like you're thinking about something."

She then saw the smile. "Something that definitely makes you happy!"

Anne smiled at her. "You're so pretty, you know?"

Marcy's eyes widened and her face went red. "A-Anne!"

"Did you know that the pupils in the eyes grow a little bigger every time someone sees what they love?" Anne suddenly asked, leaning forward a little bit, a big smile on her face.

Marcy's blush somehow grew, cause that was both weird and adorable at the same time. It's what she loved about Anne. "Y-Y-Yeah?" She asked with a small giggle.

They had been dating for about two days, and Marcy was loving it.

"Not only do your eyes do that when you talk about something that you love, they twinkle, like you have stars in your eyes," Anne said, smiling softly at her.

Marcy giggled, leaning in a little bit towards Anne with her blushing face. "U-Using flirting in the form of extended sentences...you k-know me so well."

Anne grinned, and then she leaned in, smirking upon hearing Marcy's breathing hitch... only to just kiss the corner of Marcy's mouth. "That's because I take notice of everything about you, Mar-Mar~"

Marcy squeaked like a little mouse and could've sworn she was about to faint. But her face was blood red and she stood as still as a statue with a smile on her face.

Anne giggled, and then wrapped her arm around Marcy's shoulder. "C'mon, Rosy Cheeks, we gotta go. Mr. Thompson will blow a gasket if we're late, and Sasha will be miffed if we make her face his wrath all by herself."

Marcy nodded, leaning into Anne's touch with the smile growing on her face. "Right...right."

Everything felt good for her...the poor girl didn't know what was going on in the real world.

The Hivemind only smiled, all thinking the same thing.

Sasha Waybright would soon face her demons... in the worst ways possible.