3.10- Nefarious Sloth

Start from the beginning

Julius: Naruhodo... Someone put a suggestion on the flower's scent.

Julius opened his hand and then we saw multiple lesser spirits with different colours float around in his palm.

(Y/N): Those are...

Julius: The glow of my little buds. I will teach everyone how to break out of the bewitching spell. In... Nes.

A black lesser spirit and a white lesser spirit float up and stop at head height. Then the two spin around each other and clash... And then the unexpected happens-

Immense pain in my head was caused by a sensory overload. I could hear the voices of multiple people in my head. It caused me to keel over onto my hands. I gripped the ground hard, hard enough to cause it to crack. It seemed like I wasn't the only one suffering-

Julius: *Are their affinities too great?... I'm sorry. Take a deep breath and endure it. I cannot spare the energy to fine-tune it for you two... Though it seems like even fine-tuning it for Subaru won't ease (Y/N)'s pain.*

While I was on the ground writhing in pain, I felt myself get grabbed by someone, though I wasn't aware of who it was.

Wilhelm: That will be quite enough.

I heard Wilhelm say. The pain was beginning to subside, I caught a glimpse of Wilhelm pointing his sword at a hooded individual. Subaru and I got thrown, and the person who attempted to kidnap us was revealed to be Ram. She pulled down her hood and glared at Wilhelm while slowly narrowing her eyes.

Ram: Kill me, I won't accept this disgrace.

——————————————

——————————————

Ram: And? What is the meaning of all this? Barusu, you'll explain it to me, right?

After all that, Ram demanded an explanation, my head was still pounding after that experience, Nella had reverted to her humanoid form and was patting my head in between her chest. I don't know if it's just me... But has Nella started... Doting on me more?

Subaru: That's what I'd like to ask you? You're the one who attacked us first. What were you thinking?

Ram: You shouldn't have to ask what I was thinking. It's rich coming from an ingrate like you.

Subaru: Ingrate?

Ram: You are, aren't you? Both of you...

She briefly glanced at me, but I was too unbothered to care at that moment.

Ram: After everything Roswaal-sama did for the two of you...

I just smirked to myself. She really admires that clown, doesn't she?

Ram: Once you're done with him, you'd rush to wag your tail for another master.

(Y/N): I don't recall ever serving that clown...

Subaru: Hold on, I think you're mixing up your stories!

Ram: So this is what it means to bite the hand that feeds you.

(Y/N): Okay, what?

I pause for a second and hold my head.

Quinella: Don't overdo it~

(Y/N): Haiiii... Anyway... Something's definitely wrong, did you not read the letter? Subaru sent one to the mansion... Or was it not delivered...?

Ram: Yes, I did get a letter from the capital, but... It was quite amusing, sending me a blank letter.