I saw a woman typing furiously on a computer right next to the elevator. Her blond hair tied in a tight bun on top of her head. She has a sharp face, her expression that of a professional. Storm gray eyes stared up at me, her willowy body sitting up straight in her seat. She stopped typing, placing her hands on the desk. “Hello. How may I help you?”

“I'm looking for Jack Kellens.” I replied back, staring down at my shoes.

“Mr. Kellens should be available right now. He's the door over there.” She pointed towards a door that led to a corner room all the way on the other side of the floor.

I nod. “Thanks.”

I headed towards the office, walking faster when I felt the curious eyes of co-workers I passed. I swiveled around people easily, side stepping like a professional. Of course, with my life and phobias, it's no wonder why I’m so good at it.

Right when I got to the door, I lifted my hand to knock on the solid wood, but hesitated, my hand hovering half an inch from connecting with the door. The lady by the desk told me he's available right now, but what if he doesn't want me to be here? I am intruding at his workplace after all and I haven't even called to see if I could visit at all. He may not be in a meeting or anything, but that doesn't mean he's not working. Maybe I should just leave.

No, I came all the way here, to give Jack the cookies I made for him. It would be a waste of time and effort if I chickened out now, after coming this far. And I’m literally at his doorstep. So I should get it over with and let everything fall where they may.

My hand finally connected with the sleek wood. My knuckles tapped it a few times, hard enough for anyone to hear it. I shuffled on my feet when I saw the doorknob turn. Jack peered through the door in confusion and was taken back when he saw me by the door.

“Sky? What are you doing here?” Jack asked, surprised and clearly delighted from the smile forming on his lips.

I took out the container of cookies and thrust it out to him. “Here, for you when you're hungry.”

Jack only stared at me as I held out the cookies for him to take. He took a step back, the door moving along with him. He swept his hands into the office. “Please, come in for a few minutes.”

I blushed and nod, quickly walking into the office. My eyes scanned the very clean and organized office. He's not anal, heh anal, about being neat and all, but seriously, if I swiped my finger at every surface of his office, I would get nothing but my own fingerprint. A desk and rolling chair sat in front of a wide window. Cabinets took up a corner of the room, a cream colored love seat took up a wall. A painting of a wide grassy plain with bright blue skies hung above the loveseat. Clouds drifted on the painted sky, the grass windblown. It's a really soothing picture, even though it's simplistic than most paintings.

Jack closed the door to his office and gestured to the loveseat. “Please, have a seat. Do you want anything to drink? I have water and juice. If you would like something hot like tea or coffee, I can get it for you at the lounge.”

I shook my head. “No thank you. I just came here to give you this.” I handed him the container of cookies once again.

Jack took them, bits of shock on his face. “For me?”

I nod. “I have the day off so I decided to visit you, but I wanted to make you something to keep your energy levels up.”

Jack sat right next to me on the loveseat and opened the container. The smell of cookies wafted from the small box, filling the room with its sweet fragrance. It's still warm and fresh, the container that I used helped keep the cookies from getting cold. So it had not hardened all that much yet.