7

We watched to the front of the church and stood in front of the plaque that showed a tree emblem.

The bell tolled and I looked at sully. He looked up at the plaque as well.

"Santa Maria Del Pi..." I read.

"Saint Mary of the Pine." I followed.

"This has to be it. You might just be a genius." Sully said to Nate, nate turned to look at sully and smiled.

"Genius is a stretch." Chloe said. I looked to my right to stare at her.

"I'm sorry how long have you had this cross for? And how long has nate had the book?" I asked. I crossed my arms.

"I've been looking for this for ages." Chloe said to me.

"And nate and I have been here for nearly 3 hours and we have gotten further together than you have in years. Which might I add, is a bit sad." I spoke. I turned to nate and he smiled.

 I turned to nate and he smiled

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Yeah. What she said." He nodded in agreement.

"Whatever. Okay good work. I'll go see when we might have a private look inside." Chloe said and walked off to the entrance of the church.

"So sully, what did you do to get on her bad side?" I asked. The two looked at me as I spoke.

"Nothing. She's just holding years of grudges. I'm a delight." Sully said and Nate laughed.

"Oh you weren't joking." Nate stoped laughing and straightened up.

"Oh please." I said and rolled my eyes.

"She is not to be trusted, understand?" Sully said switching eye contact between me and Nate.

I stood straight and saluted sarcastically.

"I'm serious." Sully said.

"Yeah yeah I get it. We get it." I surrendered my hands. My phone went off a second after. I reached into my back pocket and pulled it out. The vibration ended as I answered.

"I'll be right back guys." I said and pulled the phone to me ear I walked in the opposite direction and greeted the caller. I quickly glanced back to see Nate watching me as I walked away.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.