Chapter 43: Strawberries

Start from the beginning

Your love went ahead and paid for both bouquets, Dash refusing at first but Cate ultimately winning the battle, per usual.

"Did you find something you liked?" Cate asked, coming up behind you and placing a hand on the small of your back.

"Just looking," you replied softly before meeting her gaze. "They're getting on my nerves today."

She nodded, rubbing her hand up and down a few times, "I'm sorry...I wish I could make them go away."

You turned your lips up before falling into her body slightly and kissing her, Cate taking the opportunity to squeeze your ass as you did so.

"Hands off the merchandise," you teased upon releasing her lips, attempting to lightly push her away, but she just pulled you back into her and smacked the area roughly. She brought her mouth right behind your ear. "You'll be begging for my hands later...on you...inside of-"

"That's enough," you muttered with a small giggle, her velvet tone making you weak in the knees. "The cameras are going to have a field day already."

The two of you continued small talk while waiting for your boy. You were fixing the jacket Cate was wearing with your empty hand when Dash headed your direction with the boxed-up bouquet laid in the crook of his arm.

"Ready?" You asked, doing your best to ignore Cate's hand that rested on your backside.

He nodded, eyes trailing down to the flowers and back up, a small smile joining his lips..

"Did the two of you decide what you were doing tomorrow night?" You questioned him, starting towards the exit.

"We talked about going to the drive-in and then going back to her house," he replied, keeping his head down and holding the door open as the two of you came out behind him. "I'll probably just end up staying the night there...give you two some privacy."

Cate laughed as he nearly choked on the back half of his sentence. "We have Edi anyway, we're going to have to be quiet."

"Cate!" You exclaimed, backhanding her in the abdomen.

Plans for the family today?
How're the two of you spending Valentine's Day?
Are we going to ever get an interview about your relationship?
Where are the other children?
How's Andrew doing?
Who are the flowers for?
What's the next project, Cate?

What seemed like a million questions started flying your way from the men behind the cameras. You all simply ignored each one of them, tightly lacing your arm with Cate's and making your way back to her car. How people figured out Cate's whereabouts so quickly confused and irritated you. Most of the time you didn't mind them but after the phone call you got that morning, you were simply not in the mood.

One of the cameramen bumped into you accidentally, knocking the hot chocolate out of your hand, onto the ground and all over your white gym shoes. You were so close to exploding but Cate pulled your body into her, your back pressed against her front instantly calming you. She pushed you a little in the other direction and opened your door, allowing you to get in. You leaned back into the seat and sighed, banging your head back against the headrest a few times. You then aggressively tugged off your shoes, throwing them on the floorboard. Noise flooded the confined area as Cate and Dash got into the car, triggering a frustrated tear to fall from your eye. You looked out the window instead of Cate as she got into the car.

"I'll get you new shoes, baby," she spoke softly, laying a hand on your leg. You didn't say anything, instead wiping another fallen tear and crossing your arms.

Cate didn't push anymore while Dashiell was in the car, removing her hand from your thigh and proceeding back home. Andrew was scheduled to drop off Edi and Roman within the hour, Iggy choosing to stay at his father's for the weekend. When Cate pulled into the garage, you went for the door handle but she reached across you and stopped your movement. "Dash, can you go ahead inside?"