Chapter 33

I woke up in Curtis' arms. Winston must of went to take care of something. I yawned and rubbed my tired eyes. Curtis was awake and gently touching his tail.

     "Curtis!" I exclaimed as I jumped into his arms. He chuckled as he looked at me.

      "Missed me?" He smirked.

     "Yes, it's been four days mister." I pouted. "Why so long?"

     "It's because you'll have new clothes to wear soon." Curtis nuzzled me.

       "Did you want me to make you a secret cavern for you in the cliff for you to do this?" I asked him.

      "You can do that?" He asked.

     "Of course." I smiled. "I would do anything for you."

      Curtis left not too much longer after that and I was sweating like hell. I went down to the lower level and slowly slid into the pool. I sighed with happiness. Winston came back not to much longer after I relaxed in the water.

      "Welcome back Winston." I smiled.

     "What are you doing over here?" He asked me before sitting in front of me.

      "Cooling off." I snickered. "What happened with those wolves you were tracking down? Where did those new tigers come from...?"

       "You were right about the Ape King. He was pulling the strings again. He found a large and organized village of wolves, along with some tetra marked mermen to help him."

      "Jin." I grumbled. "I remembered something. The mermen chiefs spend most of their time on land. They claim to be searching for news and Intel, but they were actually looking for Qin. That's why I never saw them. Are they tetra marked, then?" It's no wonder. The City of Beasts had around ten thousand people with four tetra marked beastmen. The mermen population us triple that, so it would be natural that they would have a couple tetra marked beastmen. If we were to fight then, we would suffer huge losses.

     "Don't worry..." Winston placed his hand upon my head. "I'll take care of this. Just sit tight at our village."

     "But they have multiple tetra marked beastmen! Will you guys be able to take all of them?" I asked him.

     "So what? They'd be on land." Winston smirked. "I'll be able to keep things under control without Curtis, Shen or Sesshomaru even showing up."

      I chuckled. "That's true. Though even you guys fought them underwater, Curtis wouldn't be at a disadvantage. His body and strength are incredible. He can probably fight three tetra marked beastmen without a problem." I looked at Winston. "I don't know why, but there's something magical about your voice. It's very calming."

     "I see." Winston blushed.

    "But, they're still tetra marked. We should be more careful around the river. If they ambush us like crocodiles, we'll be screwed." I sighed.

     "What are crocodiles?" Winston asked.

      "I don't know if you guys have them here, but they look like driftwood when they're swimming. Their mouths are really huge, and their bite strength is super strong. When animals go to the riverbank for water, the crocodiles..." I made a snapping motion with my arms. "Bite them instantly and drag them underwater!"

     Winston chuckled, blushing at me. I tilted my head at him.

     "Was that description confusing? Are there crocodiles here?" I asked.