chapter nineteen

TREVOR PUSHED THE FRIZZY-HAIRED GIRL out of the way

TREVOR PUSHED THE FRIZZY-HAIRED GIRL out of the way. They both landed on the rough dirt, the girl's back pressed against the sharp stones as Trevor leaned over her, breathing heavily. He didn't get a chance to ask if she was okay before she started to violently shake beneath him, the boy having to hold her down with his arms whilst worriedly scanning her face. Her eyes were rolled into the back of her head, skin a pale blue as the corners of her lips twitched about ferociously.

"What the hell . . ." Trevor muttered to himself, voice laced with concern. Not even a second later, everything went silent. The lasers disappeared, the rumbling of the cave came to a stop, and Athena's frantic twitching diminished.

She hurriedly gasped with wide eyes, staring up into Trevor's concerned pupils who breathed out a sigh of relief. Without waiting, he pulled her up into a hug, their legs pushed to the sides of one another as they gratefully gripped onto the backs of each of their shirts.

"I didn't- I don't know- I'm sorry. I tried to stop-" Athena stuttered, stumbling over her words as her breaths came out in short gasps. She still couldn't comprehend what, why and how it happened.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault," Trevor whispered into her ear as his curls brushed against her neck, his fingers trailing comforting circles around her back as she attempted to steady her breathing.

"Thank you . . . so much," she murmured as his hand traveled up to brush through the ends of her hair.

"Don't mention it." He pulled away and rested his hands on her cheeks, a blush overtaking the girl's face as they stared into each other's eyes.

"Athena!" Phoebe shouted, causing Trevor to glance over at his sister and let his hands drop from Athena's face with a gentle smile. The little girl sprinted over and engulfed Athena hug, the elder teen almost falling back from the force of it.

"Thank you! You just saved my life." The girl spoke gratefully, honor held strongly within her somewhat soft tone.

"It's alright," Athena chuckled lightly as the two pulled away.

"Let's get out of here," Podcast mumbled from where he stood, Phoebe offering the girl on the floor a hand. He stared off worriedly at the gaping hole in the floor, not understanding what had just happened, and why Athena went insane.

'•⁂𑁍⁂•'

Trevor drove the quartet back to the farmhouse, being careful to avoid any other cars driving on the road incase he accidently caused a collision. He had to admit, he failed his driving test multiple times for a reason. He wasn't good at driving.

Once they arrived at the lonely house, they clambered out of the car and made their way towards the front porch. However, before Athena could follow Phoebe and Podcast inside, Trevor tugged on her pale hand to stop her.