|13|

December 13, 2022(TAYLOR SWIFT???)

December 13, 2022
(TAYLOR SWIFT???)

Christmas break.
The awaited magical time for all students in Hawkins High.
Finally they would get a break from everything, the schoolwork, the drama, the bullying, and the shitty food.

But it was extra special to Elliot Parker.
It was a time where his Family went on a trip.

An expensive one.
A five day trip to their lake house in Pennsylvania.

The Parker family was seated around the dark wooden table, each person holding metal utensils.

A delectable dish catered by their cook, Wendy, sat in front of each of the members
of the family.

Elliot quietly played with his food, glancing at his parents every other minute.
His mom, Tamara, was dressed in a pink dress.
And his father, Richard, was dressed in a black button up shirt and dress pants.
Elliot always wondered why his parents were always dressed up. Even for occasions as casual as dinner.

His mother noticed the short glances Elliot was executing.
"Do you have something to ask us, Ell?"

Elliot blue eyes concentrated on his plate, his fork digging deeper into the perfectly cooked salmon.

"Actually, I do"
He lifted his gaze, his moms blue eyes looked back at him. Making him nervous.

"What is it, son?"
His father spoke up training his gaze on Elliot

He felt nervous, his parents rarely made eye contact with him. Let alone both of them at the same time.

"Well, it's about our trip to the lake house"
The boy said

"What about our trip?"

"I was wondering if I could ask someone to come along with us"
Elliot said looking at his father

"Who? Is it your girlfriend?"

"No! I don't have a girlfriend dad" Elliot shook his head, setting his fork down "It's this boy I know, his name's Will we're kind of..."

"For gods sake Elliot"
His mother shook her head, her straight blonde hair moving back and forth

"Please don't tell me you got in a relationship without telling us" Elliot's cheeks reddened

"Mom, I'm turning 18 in June. I don't think I have to ask you guys permission to date someone, but yes I'm dating him"

Elliot's parents, didn't really care what gender Elliot dated. They didn't really care if it was a girl, boy, or anyone else.
He never really came out to his parents.
His mom had just caught him kissing a boy in his room when he was 14.
They never discouraged him or encouraged
him.
They were just neutral with it, like with everything else in his life, it didn't really matter all that much to them.