Never Too Late (2)

"Ne, Pokpong, I meet him again" Nuea said while playing with his food.

"Who? Wait, is it Khabkluen?" Ne asked while pointing his finger to the restaurant's door.

Kluen and Gia. Nuea is cursing in his head. Why here? Why now? Why today? He felt like the universe hate him, as if his already broken heart isn't enough.

Kluen noticed Nuea and his friends. He gave them a small smile before sitting at the nearest table. Ne and Pokpong squeeze Nuea's hand, silently tell him to stay strong.

—————
It is evening when Daonuea came back from spending time with his friends. The room is still empty, maybe Sean and Typhoon are still in class and maybe Kluen is still dating.

Daonuea is searching for his towel when he heard someone walk into their room. His phone ringing before he could turn around to check on his roommate.

"Fah, why did you call me?" Khuafah, Daonuea's stepbrother. Same mother, different father. They are so close despite that they are only stepbrother. Khuafah always pampered his little brother.

"I heard from Ne that Kluen and you is sharing a room. Nuea, I know you, you are my brother. I know that you haven't move on, but don't show him that you are weak. Be strong Nuea, I can't be there for you all the time you know" Khuafah said half serious and half jokingly.

"Thank you P'Fah, I love you. Come and visit me if you have a free time" Nuea said before he ended the call.

He is shock to death when he turn around. His face is so close with Kluen, making his heart skip a beat.

"Shia, why did you stand behind me like a creep?" Nuea asked.

"Move, you are blocking my wardrobe" Kluen said coldly.

"Sorry, but what's up with that voice tone" Nuea asked curiously.

"Not your problem" Kluen said.

Nuea try to shook it off, not wanting to take it personal, but he can't.

"Just when he appears to be drowning, the waves wash him to shore. He survives for a brief moment before the waves sweep him back to the ocean. No matter how hard he tries, he'll never be able to swim well. He can't even resist these little waves. He just never can..."

- Daonuea