“Yep, all good to go now”

I grabbed the keys to the car I bought when I passed my driving test years ago and limped over to the door, opening it and motioned for her to go through first. Her eyebrows rose in surprise momentarily and she waited for me to lock the door. As soon as we stepped outside the howling wind hit us like a hard slap to the face and without thinking I wrapped an arm around her and steered her towards the car. She was so small and the wind was so strong that in the back of my mind I thought she’d fly away.

“Are you okay, Ray?” She asked me once we made it into the car, “Your leg looks like it’s really bothering you”

“It’ll be fine. It’s just the cold and rain making it a bit stiff and sore” I answered her as we pulled out of the driveway. “I have crutches, but I left them on the beach...”

She was silent for a little while and her eyes seemed to understand something “...because you were carrying me... Oh Ray I’m sorry! Just tell me where they are and I’ll go grab them-“

“No, no, no I’m fine Seychelles. I promise” I flashed her a smile and my eyes were distracted by her mouth. She offered me a little smile but was unknowingly biting her bottom lip, dragging her teeth across it.

I cleared my throat and bought my attention back to the road. The rain still pounded heavily and splashed harshly against the glass of the windscreen and I turned the heater on since I could feel the coldness seeping into the car. The gloomy grey clouds hung low in the sky it was almost as though anyone could scoop it up in a jar as a souvenir.

“So... where did you need to go before going home?”

[Seychelles’ POV]

I don’t think he realised it, but Ray easily took up three quarters of the front of the car. In the small space I had I couldn’t help the amount of pure masculine hormones invading my personal space. He seemed like such an enigma. I found myself becoming interested in wanting to know what his story was... where did he get those scars? Why was his personality the complete opposite from his looks? (though that could possibly be rude to ask) And what happened to make him limp?

“So... where did you need to go before going home?” he asked. His voice was deep enough that when he spoke I could feel the vibrations in my chest and I ignored the erratic beating my heart seemed to have taken up.

“Oh uh... my gym” I answered meekly.

He chuckled and looked at me with a confused face. Another look that seemed so adorable on him. “You want to go to the gym? Uh... I don’t know if you’ve forgotten Seychelles but you nearly drowned earlier” he looked at me with a deadpanned face, “I’m sure you can skip exercising for today”

I giggled and shook my head, “No! I’m not going to a gym to exercise. I own a gym Ray, Shell’s Gym. I just wanted to check on how they are... uh, if that’s okay?”

His eyebrows shot up, “Shell’s Gym? You own it? Wow... I was actually thinking of joining up once I get the green light from my doctor to do more physical activities”

I tried not to let my mind drift off to dirtier thoughts of what ‘physical activities’ could mean and instead concentrated on his reply. “Oh really! Well, how about this, you come down to the gym with me and I’ll sign you up for free for however long you want. You did save my life after all... it’s honestly the least that I could do, and it’s not really that much”

His face lit up when he smiled and I found myself looking at the deep dimples that framed his mouth. Dimples were adorable, and his were the deepest ones I’d seen. “Yeah? I’d love that, but I don’t mind paying, honestly”