Chapter 6

Chapter six

[Ray’s POV]

“Beauty” I twirled the new nick name around my tongue, “I like it... it’s very suiting for you Seychelles” I winked at her.

Her face was already tinged pink from working out but I was sure that her face grew a little darker at the compliment and I felt a sense of pride at making the rose coloured tint flush against her flawless skin. In the corner of my eyes I could see Tom eye Seychelles up and down before he ‘oh so subtly’ elbowed me in the ribs.

I barely winced and instead rolled my eyes, “Tom this is Seychelles, Damsel in Distress, amazing surfer and owner of this gym” I chuckled as I winked at Seychelles again, “Beauty this is Tom. My best friend and the man who’s got my back at the base”

The two shook hands and I immediately saw Tom turn on the charm as he stared straight into Seychelles eyes and held her hand for longer than necessary. He stroked his thumb over her hand briefly before letting go, “It’s most definitely my pleasure, Seychelles”

She raised an eyebrow slightly but smiled, “Right back at you Tom”

Tom stepped forward, completely forgetting he was supposedly here to force me back into shape, and began to flirt with Seychelles like the world was about to end at any given moment. I shook my head and laid back down on the bench press getting back to my weights.

Tom was an uncontrollable flirt. A ‘charmer’ as the women back at the base put it. His chestnut brown hair had grown slightly out from the air force regulated hair cut and his light coffee coloured eyes were an odd shade which, according to him, ‘made the women find him fascinating’. I frowned when I saw him lean towards Seychelles as he swiped away some invisible dirt off her shoulders.

When it came to the field, I knew how to kill it, I was top of the rank when it came to all things physical and no one could come close to matching my skill. But when it came to playing the field Tom knew all the moves. As soon as I found out he was with one woman, he was already onto the next. He never left them sullen though, but he was fast becoming known as the Cobra Player.

He strikes with lightening speed.

I turned my eyes from the flirting couple (though I realised Tom was doing almost all the talking) and instead concentrated on the black smudge on the ceiling as I pushed the heavy weights away from my chest over and over again. Sweat dripped from my naked torso and I could feel my body heating up more now that I was completely focused. 

I hung the bar back and slid my hands towards the middle to work my triceps out. Tom’s flirting had faded into the background and the only sound I could hear was the rushing blood in my ears and my heavy breathing. I took another breath before lifting it off and began my reps, pushing the weights up then down, then up and down again.

“You have great technique, Ray” Seychelles soft voice complimented me. My breathing hitched at her unexpected appearance but luckily I didn’t drop the weights and fall off the bench press again. “But let me just fix you up here”

Seychelles was standing by my head and she leaned forward to place her hands over mine as she slid them a little closer together. She was leaning so low. I wasn’t sure if the air conditioning had stopped working because it was suddenly very, very hot. My eyes roamed away from our touching hands to watch the bead of sweat that rolled leisurely down her throat and drip slowly down into the valley of her brea$ts.

“-will work your triceps a lot better this way”

I shook my head and coughed when I realised I’d been staring at her chest for who knows how long. This was odd... I was usually more respectful than this. “Sorry, what?” I asked.