15 | His deal

Chapter 15: The deal he proposed

After they both had come upstairs, Misty saw Lucas in the hall.

"Need me again?" She asked him, making Lucas nod.

"Ash I'll have to go-" Misty said but was cut off.

"Wait, I wanna come too." Ash told her. Misty looked at him blinking twice and confused. Ash really wanted to see where she goes all the time, away from him. He was curious all of a sudden.

"Why so suddenly?" Misty asked.

"I just want to. I want to know where you keep going all the time." Ash said confidently.

"Don't worry, I don't go around meeting boys~" Misty joked. 

Ash faked his laugh as he glared at her. "Hahah how funny. Now let's go." He said as he walked past her and Lucas, towards the door. There he stopped and looked back.

"Where tho?" 

~~

"Ugh this smell is killing me." Ash said as he tried not to breath. 

They had reached their destination. It was an abandoned hotel, with apparently a very dirty smell.

"Great, we'll have another dead body then." Misty said sarcastically.

"Dead what- what do you mean?" Ash asked as he went beside her to know. 

"We're here to investigate." Misty said as she kept walking.

"Investigation? Are you a detective?" Ash asked her, surprised.

"You can say that." Misty said, nodding a little.

"Are we...going to go to a dead body?" Ash asked in a low voice. The dead always reminded Ash of his dad. 

"Yes, but don't worry Ash. It's time for you to move on. You're dad's death was long back, you need to be stronger now. Let's go." Misty said as she started much ahead of the very slow walking Ash.

"Okay- WAIT, HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT MY DAD? MISTY!" Ash yelled as he ran and tried to catch up with her.

~~

"You can go back if you want." Misty told him. 

"No no, I'm f-fine." Ash said as he looked at the fallen body of a woman.

"Alright then. As per what Lucas told me, some men tried an assault on her, and when she denied, they killed her." Misty told him.

"No patience, huh?" Ash said as he looked at the woman's lifeless body. "Poor her." 

"Mhm," Misty said as she fished out a piece of paper from her pocket. "Here are the list and pics of the men that were seen around here at the time of this happening. If I see her past, I can easily find who the culprits were." Misty said as she looked through the paper.

"Can you solve this without your powers though?" Ash said, raising an eyebrow in an attempt to challenge her.

"Are you challenging me, Ash Ketchum?" Misty asked as she raised her eyebrows, surprised.