Overwatch

Kaio: Remind me why I'm doing this again?

Hana: Because you owe me for ghosting me for two and a half years.

I sighed.  I'm currently on a private jet with Hana, traveling to the Overwatch Headquarters.  The silver lining?  They have no idea that I'm coming.  Hana said it was a "surprise", but I'm a bit worried about how they'll react.  Especially Hanzo.  He and I have had our share of run-ins over the past year, since he usually goes on patrols in Japan.  Needless to say, he's not a huge fan of me.

Kaio: And you've given them NO warning, whatsoever?

Hana: Nope!

How does she keep that cheerful composure, even knowing where she's bringing me?

Hana: Get ready, we're here!

I heard Hana calling from the front of the jet.  I sighed and put on my mask.

Kaio: This is gonna be... interesting.

The plane landed and the cargo doors opened, revealing... a gorilla wearing futuristic armor and glasses.  I sat crosslegged on top of Hana's mech and he clearly hadn't noticed me yet.

Hana: Hi, Winston!

Winston: Welcome back, Hana.  Did you capture the target?

Hana: Oh, hehe, about that...

I pulled up my hood.  Showtime!

Kaio: Someone created a talking gorilla and named it Winston? That is fucking hilarious!

Winston's eyes widened, a concerned look appearing on his face.  Suddenly he pulled out a massive laser cannon, seemingly from nowhere.

Winston: Hana, get back!

Hana: Wait!  It's oka-

He fired the cannon but I jumped out of the way, releasing smoke.  He scanned the cloud, trying to find me.  I could see him just fine though.  Mainly because I was on top of the jet, not in the smoke anymore.

Kaio: I'm not here to fight you, quite the opposite actually.

He looked up and aimed the cannon at me, but didn't fire.

Kaio: If I wanted to kill anyone here, do you really think I'd have just announced myself?  If I wanted anyone here dead, then you would've been before the plane landed.  I'm here... well, mainly because Hana forced me to come.  But I'm here to join Overwatch.

He looked confused.  I don't really blame him.  He glanced over at Hana, who nodded confidently.  He gave an exasperated sigh and powered down the cannon.

Winston: Why do you want to join us?  After everything you've done, you think we'd let you join our organization just because you wanted to?

Kaio: Have you ever noticed a pattern between my alleged "attacks"?  Any specific organization... the same one you guys are constantly fighting?

He looked down, as if he was thinking.

Winston: Hm.  They were almost all Talon organization meetings, or organizations that worked with them.

Kaio: The terrorist attack at the Omnic Convention two and a half years ago.  My sister and I were there.  Does that answer your question, as to why I fight them?  My sister was put in a coma for a year, and lost an arm.  As for me...

I took off my mask, showing my scars and missing eye.

Kaio: I took a few hits as well.  My sister was tortured and nearly killed by Sigma, and Reaper shot me in the face.  THAT is why I fight Talon.

Winston looked sad.  I just put my mask back on.

Kaio: And that's why I want to join Overwatch.  To prevent disasters like the Omnic Convention, and make sure nobody else goes through what we have.

I had a determined face, and Hana looked proud.

Winston: I... I apologize, Leak.  I'm sorry you went through that, and I realize now that you don't deserve the negative reputation you've built here.  I'll talk with some of the other core members.  In the meantime, you can stay with Hana in her apartment.  You seem to know each other quite well.  I will also suggest that you try to avoid contact with the other members until I can get a decision.  You are... not popular with some of our agents.

Kaio: Thank you, sir.  Also, my name... my real name is Kaio Takage.  Also, please don't tell Hanzo that I'm here?  Last time I met him, I knocked him out then dropkicked him off a roof.  I can see why he doesn't like me.

Winston chuckled and walked away... or rather lumbered away.  Hana smiled and pulled me into a hug.

Hana: It's good to have you back, Kai...

I let out a small laugh, and she pulled away.

Hana: What's so funny?

Kaio: Just that you remember that nickname.  After all these years, with you being one of the worlds greatest heroes... I kinda figured you'd forgotten me.  That's what I meant when you fou- AGH, what was that for?

I was cut off by her smacking me on the head.  She pouted.

Hana: You're an idiot!  I would never forget you!