Chapter Two-Heart Strings

Percy's POV

The next morning after checking on William who was in my bed, I began to realize just how stupid I was. I should have just kept walking instead of getting myself into this mess. I had just barely managed to pull him into my bed since he was out like a light. And unfortunately it was very awkward to undress him.

I bit into my thumbnail, a nervous habit when I needed to think about something. What was going to happen when William woke up? What would I tell him?

I looked down at the toaster and willed it to hurry up. I was making a simple breakfast for William so he could have something to eat when he was ready. I had already set out some medication and water for him but he might not see it since he's bound to feel sick after all that alcohol.

When the toast popped up I jumped up. I grabbed the butter and began to butter the toast.

I was about halfway up the stairs when I heard a thump and a door crash open. Wincing I listened to the faint sounds of William puking as I made my way into my room. I eyed the pill and water. He would probably need that first. Grabbing the pill and water after setting the plate down I gently pushed open the bathroom door.

There sat William. He was wearing one of my dads night shirts and some shorts. He looked pale as he wiped his lips. Groaning he pushed at his temples with his palms.

"Fuuck..." He muttered under his breath; not really noticing I was there yet.

I took that as my opportunity to clear my throat. William looked up at me and squinted at my face.

"-the hell?" He did a quick scan of me and after a moment met my eyes once again. "Your a kid."

"Last I checked I was 18." I bent to his level and held out the pill. "Here's this for the hangover." He didn't take it at first. He just stared at me. Than he scoffed and took it. Washing it down after with the water I offered.

"Your still a kid..." He looked away and rubbed his forehead. "Did we... Ya know?"

I flushed and rubbed my neck. "No... We almost did though. But it was my first time, and with a stranger no less so I got scared... As you were leaving you kinda passed out so I let you stay in my room."

He groaned and covered his eyes than as he finally stood. "Fuckin' great." He walked out of the bathroom so I got up to follow him. It was then he realized he wasn't wearing his clothes.

Faster than I could think he turned around with wide eyes. "You dressed me?" He motioned to the neatly folded clothes that I had washed.

Flushing once more I nodded. Rubbing my arm I looked over to my sunflower. Gosh, if mom were here she would be so disappointed. Bringing a stranger home like this.

William than noticed the toast and looked back at me. "And you cooked me food?" He asked bewildered. He acted as though no one has ever done as such for him.

"I figured you'd like it after puking and all..." I mumbled.

He stared at me for a moment before walking over and grabbing the plate. He took a bite and sat on the bed. He started to look more at home as he glanced around my room. We were starting to get past this awkward stage.

His eyes landed on the sunflower and the portrait of my mother.

"She's pretty."

"Thanks..."

He glanced around some more. My room reflected a lot about myself, and unfortunately it spoke a lot about me that maybe he didn't want to know. I had pictures of famous musicians sitting at pianos, pictures of me with friends, a white dresser with some clothes spilling out, a shelf filled with books and unfortunately a picture of me and my mom after we did blind makeovers. The picture made William smile as he looked at it.