forty

COPING MECHANISMS

COPING MECHANISMS

Weeks had passed and Peter never left your side

Weeks had passed and Peter never left your side. Dr. Cho insisted you stay in the compound to recover from your trauma because at some point in time you would always ball your fists and randomly emit light from it which she said could be dangerous if you're unsupervised. And Peter would always sleep on the couch in your room, ready to serve you when you needed something.

You didn't say anything; all you did was nod yes or no to their questions. You're either sleeping or outside, enjoying the natural surroundings of the compound, it was your concept of peace despite being haunted by dreaming of your rapist night by night. You were relieved that he had been sentenced to life in jail, but he had taken away the most priceless possession a woman could ever possess.

You would always alarm the Avengers when you disappear into the forest around the compound to relax yourself and enjoy the relaxing sight of nature, they were so worried that they started looking for you all over New York but much to their disappointment they just found you on one of the bench behind the compound reading a book with your earphones on.

As much as you were glad they loved and cared for you, you wanted to be alone and have some time for yourself, making you brainwash yourself that it's okay to lose your virginity even though all of the girls in the world would disagree if you lost it due to being raped, making it more difficult for you to make things okay for yourself. You thought of just ending your life multiple times but you never found the strength to do it, you just laid in bed questioning your existence and why it is like this.

It's 10 PM now and you dreamt of your rapist again, your body is shaking in fear, you were sweating and Peter noticed your sudden movements whilst asleep, he reckoned you're having a nightmare so he immediately sat beside your bed and woke you up.

"Y/N wake up, please." He was so worried and anxious about your current state. You were trembling, a tear escaped your right eye and you sat up swiftly to see Peter with his eyes welling up. At that point, the fear you were feeling earlier was replaced with sorrow and pain seeing him cry because of you. He hugged you so tight and it made you feel warm. You hated him for that night he defended MJ when you're just trying to be reasonable why she did and said that to you, but at that moment all you felt was your heart aching. You hated yourself for doing those things instead of letting him explain things to make it easier for you to understand the situation, that you didn't have to hate Peter when he clearly shows how much he loves you, and now because you were so stubborn you were kidnapped and because of that Peter blames himself.