Chapter 2

"Finally! We meet My Mate!"

My Mate!?

My brows furrow at that I reach for his hands and pull them off me.

"I'm sorry but I don't know you at all to be called your Mate."

I reply and shove him aside. I pass him but feel him grab my wrist. I turn and slap his hand away his hand with my free.

"Get your fucken hands off Me!" I growl.

He glares at me but lets go.

I walk away and when I return to Jared. I notice the majority of patrons or should I say The Group all glaring at me.

I heard someone clearing their throat and their expression changed to neutral.

I shook my head and looked away but was met with Challen standing right in front of me.

I froze when he leaned forward and whispered in my ear.

"I'll deal with you later."

Two weeks later

It was my weekend off and I decided to do some shopping in Portland.

SilverOaks and its townsfolk are driving me crazy.

I'm telling you. The town is one huge cult.

Last week when I went into town. The Group (I need to think of a name for their cult).

Their behavior towards me changed since that night at the bar.

• They would smile happily at me.

• Greet me as if we were old friends.

• Start up conversations with me and ask how I'm doing.

• Invite me to gatherings at their homes.

You might be thinking but that's just how people are in small towns but whenever they started talking about Challen.

They would all have this starry-eyed look on their faces. They also had nothing to say about their precious Challen.

They spoke of him as if he was a God.

They spoke about all the good he has done for the town and how he has helped them individually.

The hints about him being alone all these years and him needing someone to start a life.

They talk about him as if he's an old man. He's still young. He should enjoy himself.

However, I cannot go anywhere without Mr. Challen Sandalio appearing from out of nowhere.

I just shake my head at the bullshit happening in SilverOaks.

I spoilt myself and bought a few clothes and luxury items other' luxuries.

I did my grocery shopping last as I didn't want the food to spoil because I wasn't in a rush to leave Portland.

~~~~~
I was on my way home and followed the moonlight from the full moon shining on the road.

I was turning a corner when I thought I saw something running next to me in the forest.

When it was safe to look I turned quickly in that direction and saw nothing.

I paid attention to the road and just shook my head.

After a while, I arrived back in town. I pulled up into my drive-thru and cut the engine. I was busy pulling my handbrake up when I noticed a car driving by in my rearview mirror.

Wait a Minute!

That car has been driving past my house every day after I come back home from work. I furrow my brows and make a mental note. I sigh and get out of my car.

Later that night. I decide to make my way to the backyard. I sit at the wooden table and chairs.

I pull out my bag and take a sniff of the weed I bought in Portland and sighed happily.

Taking out my rolling paper and grinder. I start grinding the weed and when I am satisfied I add it to the rolling paper and start rolling my joint.

I can't smoke in the house so I usually go to my favorite oak tree but this is some strong weed and I doubt I'll be able to walk home after this.

I'm satisfied with my completed joint. I reach for my lighter and take a drag, let it linger, and exhale slowly. A lovely feeling of light-headedness is welcomed.

Seeing that this weed is strong. I smoke my joint slowly. Resting my back against the chair and my feet are up on the table. I take a puff and slowly exhale while looking at the moon and my eyes started getting heavier, and heavier and heavier...

I open my eyes and I'm greeted by a beautiful pink night sky. I sit up and look around. The grass, plants, and trees are orange?!

I slowly stand up and start walking around and scratch my head confused.

I hear a faint sound. I look around but decide I'm hearing things but I hear it again and realize it's laughter.

I look around again all of a sudden sparkles explode in front of my face.

I opened my eyes and my eyes widened in shock.

A little fairy was dancing and twirling in front of me. She waved at me and started laughing again.

I slowly reached for her but she flew away and my dumb ass followed.

I followed her sparkle trail in the orange forest.

It was not an easy run as I was tripping and would even fall sometimes. I scraped my hands and knees.

"Hey, come back! I just want to look at you!"

I fall again and land on my face. So glad I am alone. I blindly reach for the tree next to me to get up. I start rubbing the dirt and sand off my face and spit some sand out of my mouth.

Once I'm satisfied I open my eyes. My vision is a bit blurry but freezes when I realize what is approaching me.

It's a large silver wolf.

Wolves! There are no wolves on this side of Maine near the coast. They're near the border.

However, this wolf looks like it wants to eat me, and my dumb starts running but my legs get heavier and don't want to move and I keep falling.

I fall again but get up. I hear a growl expecting it to be behind me. I don't look but stop in my tracks when the wolf is in front.

Wait! How? The wolf nears me and I start hyperventilating and my world turns black.

A/N
Hi every here is the next chapter let me know your thoughts and what you think of my version of a werewolf story so far.