𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏. protective custody

Start from the beginning

        "About that jacket with that dress? Oh, Absolutely," Lydia said making  Allison roll her eyes, smiling.

        "You know what I mean."

        "Hello? Scott locked us in a classroom and left us for dead. He's lucky we're not pressing charges or making him pay our therapy bills."

        "Preach," Maya mumbled, "I have a physics test. See you later, Lyds?"

        "Yeah."

☀︎☀︎☀︎

        Maya walked into the cafeteria seeing Allison sitting with Jackson, "Nope. Not dealing with that today," she sighed turning to sit at another table. "Isaac, hey."

        "H—hey, Maya," she said quietly, hiding his cheek.

        "Isaac. Move your hand," she said knowing what was on his cheek.

        "No, it's fine," the teenager assured.

        "Please," Maya pleaded. Isaac sighed and slowly pulled his hand from his cheek revealing a dark bruise. Maya huffed in anger for him and immediately thinking of his little brother. "Does Lucas have a matching one?"

        Isaac looked up at her with fear in his eyes, "You can't tell anyone. He'll hurt him more. I try and take the heat as much as a I can but sometimes my dad's just in the mood and—and I can't stop it."

        Maya placed a hand on his, "Isaac, I promise I will get you and Lucas out of that house. I will get you safe."

        "You don't have to do that—"

        "I do. From the minute I met Lucas last year when I was tutoring you, I don't know I just—I want to protect him, help take care of him, you know? And you, are such a good friend to me. You don't deserve any kind of beating."

        "Thank you," Isaac said and she nodded.

        "Do you still need a tutor? I'd love to help if you need it."

        "Yeah, chemistry is hell this year, I could really use the help, thanks MJ."

        "Of course. I have work today but it's usually pretty slow on Mondays, there's only a couple regulars tonight, do you want to come by today? My boss won't mind."

        "Yeah, I can do that. Is it okay if I bring Lucas? I don't want to leave him alone with my dad."

        "It is more than okay," she beamed at him.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

        Maya sat with Lydia and Ivy on the bleachers for practice, "Where's Ali?"

        "Studying for a math test, I think."

        Maya looked to the field seeing Danny on the ground and her brother a few feet away from him, "Danny, oh my god!"

        Everyone ran to Danny as she walked over to her little brother, "Okay, I know you're an asshole, but everyone loves Danny. What the hell is wrong with you?! Stiles, help me out here," Maya turned to see Stiles with his jaw dropped staring at Lydia. "Right now? Really, Stiles?"

        "No, Maya's right you are an asshole, Scott," Stiles turned around shocking Maya.

        "Wait, hold up, what did he do?"

        "Lydia's lipstick is smudged, and Scott was the last person she talked to."

        "What the f—" she cut herself off seeing the cop car again and seeing the deputy inside snap his head away when she looked at him, "Okay, who the hell is that?"