'See You Tomorrow' | 3.2

Start from the beginning

It had been a year since they had dated. And, now that they were in their senior year, it felt unreal that she was about to graduate with her boyfriend. She never expected that. She had a school life similar to high school drama. She was an outcast, but fortunately, she was never bullied. People just didn't give a damn about her or anything related to her (this happened before she dated Hyungwon). To this day, she had no idea why Hyungwon chose to date her. But she could feel his love was real and sincere.

Life has never left us without a question. Thus, their relationship raised many questions in her head.

What was so special about her? What made her stand out and got his attention? What did he like about her?

It would have been nice to get his answers the next day.

"Yah, wear something pretty tomorrow."

HaEun got startled and immediately snapped out of her thoughts. She responded, "oh-of course!" Her boyfriend sat up, looking at her with a smile. It was a long, sweet stare before he planted his lips on her forehead.

Then, he pulled away and said, "I don't know if I'm able to stay up late to wish you a 'happy birthday'. I'm already predicting I might need to stay back for detention."

HaEun wondered what he did. "What did you do?"

"I didn't do my homework."

Surprised, she yelled, "you what?"

He dug his finger into his raven hair and scratched. "I submitted my book without a single answer." Ignoring the disbelief etched on his girlfriend's face, he looked at her with a soft smile and said, "so, happy advance birthday."

Knowing how much her boyfriend treasured sleeping, there was no way she could force him to stay up late. The girl slouched her back and let out a whiny sound. "Ah, damn it, Chae Hyungwon. I wanna talk to you though."

"You can talk to me as much as you want when we go on a date tomorrow," he said. He held both sides of her head, staring at her pouting face. As he patted both sides of her head, he added, "wear something pretty tomorrow, okaaay?"

Still pouting, she stared at her boyfriend with a sharp look. Her head was still trapped in between his hands. Then, she muttered a flat, "okay. But promise?"

Hyungwon chuckled and said, "promise." Finally, he got up from the table but his hands were still holding her head. He said, "lemme give you my last kiss." Another kiss was planted on her forehead, but longer.

It seemed the kiss had successfully wiped out the pout. Her lips immediately curved into a smile. "I see you tomorrow then. Keep your promise!"

He smiled with his eyes. "Yup."

**********

Rain poured down from the sky, heavily and loudly. Cold air from the mall's exterior gave the girl gooseflesh.

Ji HaEun wore a pink gingham short skirt and a matching crop top, as well as a white shirt underneath. A headband with a faux white bow tied her long, straight hair into a ponytail. A phone in her hand, her eyes searching the crowd for her boyfriend.

However, it had been more than two hours since she waited in the mall, yet there was no hint of his appearance. None of her calls and messages were answered. She grew annoyed.

She decided to leave the mall. The dark blue sky greeted her and the chill of the night comforted her clouded mind. But it only took a moment for the darkness to return. She stomped out of her way and walked into the crowded area.

Suddenly, her phone rang. She raised her phone to eye level and saw she received an incoming call from Hyungwon's best friend.

With her eyebrows creased, she slid the green button and answered.