7~~Planning takes time

Start bij het begin

Ahhhh Thomas Shelby, the cunning one, he was a man ahead of his years that's for sure very few people matched his intellect, all but a certain raven haired girl.
The both of them were almost a carbon copy of eachother, while at first their personalities clashed something horrible, incessant yelling at eachother for one doing something insignificant to the other, polly recalls having to pull a twelve year old emlyn off a fifteen year old tommy on account of him cutting some of her hair such resulted in her fist swiftly meeting his cheek. The unexpected impact caused poor Thomas to fall rather ungraciously, down to the dirtied cobblestone, while the boy was seeing double, emlyn pulled a bit of string from her navy knee length pinafore dress, tied her long dark hair back into a half hazard ponytail showcasing the small section that Thomas had cut that fell just above her brow, she blew it from her face before throwing herself onto a fallen Thomas and began to mercilessly pound into his face until the chanting and yelling from the neighbour kids alerted polly and a few other adults, neither Emlyn or Thomas stand could eachother up until Emlyn was sixteen to which an unknown incident to everyone but those two, caused them to become inseparable attached at the hip right up until he and his two brothers who all were drafted to war unknowingly to eachother they had their hearts stolen and hidden by the enigma that was Emlyn Burnett.

As polly hurried towards the large engraved wooden doors of arrow house she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw a disheveled looking tommy sitting on the doorstep his head had lowered and a half smoked cigarette and glass of whiskey in each hand that rested on his knees. Stepping closer she realised she had no idea why he called her to come so urgently but the sound in his husky deep voice was similar to fear it was then polly knew that she'll ask questions later but she needed to get to arrow house.

"Ehem.....Thanks for coming pol..." Thomas sounded different than normal almost like he had been crying, the way his shoulders lifted up and down as he took a deep breath, he would sniffle but cover it up wait a cough in the hopes his masculinity wasn't bruised to much. 
It was only then that polly saw the side of his head had a ghastly bruise and deep cut, the red liquid seeped from the wound and dripped onto his freshly pressed white shirt the sleeves of said shirt had been pushed up to his elbows as he continued to sit there.

"For fuck sake tommy... what happened?" Polly was curious but also angry that her nephew had gotten himself into more bother that she would inevitably have to fix.

Thomas took a drag from his cigarette as he shuffled a bit, his voice was rough as he replied "She happened pol..."

"Who's she tommy?" The question would hopefully bring Polly closer to the reason she was callers, she knew he would tell her eventually and she had her suspicions yet she desperately wanted to be proven wrong but alas...

"Emlyn.. though she's not the girl I left at the station a decade ago..." he shook his head, for months she had been silent, like an awfully long game of chess he had no idea he was apart of or what her next move would be.

"She came to the house... Thomas how did she get in!?!" Polly was furious now, she practically raised that girl and the thanks she got was her family being ripped apart, she crashed through the Shelby's like a tsunami, unexpected yet brutal.
Polly knew there would be no survivors should emlyn succeed in whatever she had planned.

"She was as beautiful as the day I left her..." Thomas' cerulean blue eyes were blank, staring off into the distance, his aunt simply shook her head.

"Pull yourself together Thomas" she hissed lowly at her nephew "what did she want"

"Ehem.... I don't know.." Thomas threw the cigarette nub to the floor and put it out with his shoe while he stood straight.