Not So Perfect | Ashley

What just happened? Did Nick just seriously throw me under the bus like that? The audacity that kid has.
     "Mr. Larones, I don't have anything to say. I'm sorry. You can continue your lecture." I smile. Most people think I'm a little bit of a teacher's pet, but is that so bad?
     "If you guys are going to be fooling around in the middle of my class, I'm going to have to tell you to leave and walk yourselves to the principal's office."
     "Oh, that won't be necessary. Really, sir." Nick claps back.
      "Go to the office, I said."
      I stand up without any more complaints and grab Nick's arm. If he's going to keep sitting here and taking back to our teacher, I'll have to pull him to the office.
     We walk out of the classroom and I'm still grabbing onto Nick. I'm not letting him get out of this.
     "This is your fault." Nick complains.
     "Are you kidding me?" I yell. I'm fuming!
     "You were the one who came up with the idea to play tic-tac-toe. Did you already forget? Is this your first time being disciplined by a teacher?"
      "Shut up, Nick. It's your fault for egging it on and blaming your uncontrollable hands on me."
      "Okay, I don't really care that much, Ash."
      "Don't call me that."
      "Woah, okay."
We approach the principal's office. I don't feel I have the nerve to walk in. Nick grabs my arm and pulls me into the office before I can process it. The audacity he has.
"Get your nasty hand off of me!" I whisper-shout. The principal is staring us down. This is awful! Mrs. LeWitt, the principal of Nova High has only seen me as the straight A, generous and kind girl I am! She'll probably kick me out of school. Ok, maybe I'm overthinking. She'll probably suspend me.
"Ashley Lilian? What are you doing in my office?! Nick Maines, it's not a surprise to see you."
"Look, Mrs. Lewitt, I can explain. I promise. You see, it was-" I start.
"All my fault. Ashley didn't do anything, Mrs. Lewitt. I was messing around in class and I got Ashley involved. You can sign me up for detention." Nick interrupts.
Is Nick taking the blame for me? How sweet of him. That's the only nice thing he's done for me all day!
"It's the third time this month, Nick." Mrs. Lewitt reminds him.
"If you sign Nick up, sign me up too. It wasn't all his fault. I was being stupid and wasn't thinking. We are really sorry."
"Does after school today work? It will be from 3-5."
"Works for me." Nick smiles.