< Like a Shrimp (2) >

Start from the beginning

At my words, Yoohyun gave a short sigh.

If hyung is going to go so far as to say that, I can't block you anymore. But be careful. Between Awakened People, more than anything, rank is first. Right now, when she's just Awakened, it might be okay, but there's no guarantee that it won't change."

Saying that, Yoohyun looked back at Bak Yerim. Bak Yerim didn't avoid his gaze and met it headon.

The eyes of the two people looking at each other were icy. Stuck between them, the back of my neck hurt.

Just a little while ago, the atmosphere was okay. Exactly what was a mere guardian that you were acting like this.

"If rank is first above all, then guild leader must be like that too? That's right, I heard you only just reconciled with ahjussi a few days ago. You must have fallen out because of that 'rank'?"

......Huh? Yerim threw down the glove[2]?

"It was just that we were shortly apart in order to protect hyung to the end. It's different from someone who tries to keep him at their side purely to show off their greed."

Then Yoohyun also struck back. At the words of 'showing off their greed', Yerim had a deathly furious expression.

Yoohyun, if she got so angry that anything she saw disappeared, you might be okay, but it's dangerous for me.

"You two, stop it."

I quickly cut in, in case a shrimp's back might burst.[3]

"Why are you so aggressive over nothing important."

"It's not nothing important, though?"

"It's not nothing important."

Fuck, fine, it's something important. Why were you in agreement now of all times. Making someone embarrassed.

"At any rate, let's stop here. If you want to continue fighting, I'm leaving, so you two figure it out yourselves."

"Hyung?"

"Ahjussi, are you sulking?"

Sulking, what do you mean, sulking.

"I'm like this because I'm afraid. If you guys flail around, I'll die."

"I won't!"

"The time for me to make that kind of mistake has already passed."

At Yoohyun's words, Yerim glared at him.

"I'm going to adjust soon too!"

"I got it so don't play your battle of nerves in front of me. I feel like a shrimp between a whale fight.[4]"

It wasn't good for my heart. At my words, both of them shut their mouths. Surprisingly they were listening to me well.

"This is the end of the guardian discussion. And Yerim, I'm sorry but I can't stay with you here. When you break equipment trying to adjust, if debris flies around, it'll be too dangerous. Instead, I'll come down early tomorrow morning."

"...Yes, I understand."

Bak Yerim looked dissatisfied but nodded her head.

"Oh right, even if your relationship is bad, shouldn't you at least contact your home? It'll be bothersome if they report it."

"There's no need. There were a lot of times I fought with them and stayed over at a friend's house. Please just contact my school."

"Okay. Then I'll see you tomorrow."

I left the training room and went toward the elevator. My dongsaeng walking next to me had on an expression that said he didn't like the guardian issue but didn't say anything about it.