chapter 5

chapter 5

"Kanaoooooooo, you called me? Isn't it like... Five in the morning for you there?"

"Yeah, but... I wanna talk to you."

"Aww, that's nice. What do you wanna talk about?"

Nezuko, who's in the upper part of the bunk bed, decided to listen at the two's conversation. Tanjirou lie down on his bed, while he listens to what she's saying.

It's been two weeks since Kanao have left japan for the quiz bee, and while she were staying there, she's getting used of the weather and the timezones compared to Japan and U.S, since it was hard to change her sleeping schedule the first week she is there.

"Did you have fun?" Tanjirou asked while smiling.

"Of course I did... I was with my sisters, and Aoi." Kanao responded.

Nezuko rolled her eyes for his big brother asking a non-sense question, he's really that stupid when it comes to her.

Tanjirou chuckled, "Lucky Aoi-san... I hope I'm in her place right now." he said, that made her cheeks start to blush in red for no reason at all. She felt like her tiredness has just gone out by just a simple sentence.

"W-Well... Aoi and me are sharing rooms, so my sisters won't probably allow you... to." she replied in an embarrassed tone.

Tanjirou's eyes widen, it seems like Kanao took it in another way. Nezuko start to broke in laughter after she heard that. Tanjirou didn't mind her though, maybe she's just seen a funny picture or something.

"I didn't meant it that way though.." he snickered. "I never knew that you could think like that to me." he added. Kanao only felt more flustered, as she only apologised to him.

'This is so weird...! Why am I acting strange right now!?' Kanao jolted out of her thoughts once he spoke again, it was about how school is going on. She was smiling, but as his story goes, her smile fades away just to remember that she's going to study in the U.S starting next two months.

'Right... I do have to tell him soon..' she thought... Sometime later Tanjirou's long-short story finished, Kanao didn't have quite any interest at the other parts, well except if it involves him, she gets happy for some reason that she doesn't know.

"The other day I saw someone that's almost the same look as you. I thought you're already back, turns out I was just hallucinating things.." he paused a second to chuckle, "I'm sure I look creepy to you now."

Kanao's face burned in embarrassment, she shook her head to forget those words he have just said, he's just joking, that's quite not believable. "P-Probably... Maybe you missed me."

He laughed, "That's so cheesy, but yeah I do miss to hang out with you. There's no other girl that's the best to be with, only you." Kanao could've swear the beat of her heart is abnormally uncontrollable, she thought it was unusual.

"S-Stop that...! It's cringe...!" she whispered.

"You're really adorable when you stutter.." he teased. If it's fun for him to tease her, well for Kanao it isn't...

There's always that thing that's entirely stuck with her, whenever they're together, him complimenting her, and even flirting with the students seeing them. She always thought it felt wrong, and she.... hated the fact that it's what herself believes.

"I'm a kid... senior."

Tanjirou was caught off guard by the question, but he's already used to that words she always says, he still smiled. "No, you're not." he lightly chuckled. "Why are you so worried about our three-year gap?" he asked.