prologue

Third person's POV

A group of boys sat around the table, silence filling the living room after they heard of what the one of the member said, they couldn't believe it.

"What-"

"You... have a crush with a sixth grader?"

The redhead of the group nodded shyly as a response. The rest of the group blinked twice before it got to them. They started to crack in laughter.

"Bro... That's a child abuse."

"FBI OPEN UP!"

A vein popped up of Tanjirou's head, he couldn't believe of what they are saying right now, well he did know it's not good at all for liking an elementary student when he's already in his third year middle school.

Still he defended as he was so stupidly in love with the girl. "Well I'm sorry for liking a 'sixth-grader' at least she is more mature than every one of you here, laughing and mocking me when you guys don't even have a girlfriend!"

They stopped laughing the moment he shouted, they turned to look at the redhead staring dead at him after hearing the last phrase.

They were offended.

"Excuse me???"

"Ehem.. What?"

"SO YOU'RE SAYING THAT YOU CAN COURT HER HUH!?" Tanjirou rolled his eyes at Inosuke.

"Then show us, Tanjirou. How would a Kamado get a sixth-grader to be his girlfriend." Sabito challenged him with a smug look on his face, only to make Tanjirou look at him in disgust and annoyance.

Tanjirou groaned, he rolled his eyes before he answer them. "Fine! I'll make her as my girlfriend within a year." He confidently said.

"A year huh? You sure about that?" Tanjirou sweated, he wasn't even sure if his crush likes him too even though he already befriended her... He sighs, "Actually no. But I'll make sure to make her my girlfriend, and you guys will regret mocking me."

Footsteps were heard in the room, it was Tanjirou's mother, Kie, and she overheard what the boys were talking about.

"What's the noise about?" she curiously asked. She sat next to her eldest son, planning to join the conversation happening among the circle. This made Tanjirou shock.

"O-Okaa-chan! You don't need to join the talk, it should be only around us." Tanjirou tried to convince her mother, she was confused on why was her son acting like that. She insisted to ask, "Is it about girls that's why you're getting shy like this?"

The blush on Tanjirou's cheeks worsen he buried his face on his hands, why does his mother had to know about this, while his friends laugh at him. Sabito answers, "Tanjirou has a crush on one of the elementary students, Kie-san, that's why he's blushing like that."

Zenitsu snickered, "Yeah, and he said he'll make her as his girlfriend."

"Aww really? That's so sweet." Kie was flattered. "But... I don't think elementary school students would like to get in a relationship already, so it'll be hard, Tanjirou." she added in worry.

'She actually accepted that!?' Every one of his friends has the same thought.

The shock from their faces was enough for Kie to understand. She lightly chuckles, "Their age gap is only three years apart, so I think it's okay for me, my son doesn't look that old, right?" She pinched his cheek while saying that.

"Just make sure you're not playing with her feelings."

"I'm not, kaa-chan..."

"The same for you boys."