nick
I'm sorry girlie

Chris
dude I wanna hug you so bad.

matt had finally arrived home, at 1 am.

he prayed to the Lord his mother wouldn't catch him as he snuck back into the house, taking his shoes off and walking to his room.

there, he saw his phone on the nightstand. when he picked it up he saw 20 messages from summer, and probably 100 from Chris and nick. he felt super shitty when he realized summer had gone through the surgery and wanted to talk to him, right away he texted her back.

summer

holy shit I'm so sorry
I was- out.
are you okay? how was the surgery?

he texted her back and waited for a reply, she had seen the message but decided to ignore him like he had been doing to her for the past 10 hours.

his brothers had realized he was home and stormed to his room, not bothering to knock, and just burst into the room.

"jesus christ hi Chris and nick ever heard of knocking?" matt exclaimed when he saw the 2 angry boys stand in his room.

"assholes dont deserve knocking," Chris replied, pissed the fuck off.

"what?"

"you know what were talking about. summer just surgery and on top of that she just found out her sister is still alive, and you fucking ghosted her!" nick explained and matt sighed, putting his head down on the pillow.

"i get it if you dont want to talk to us, but dont ignore the girl that only wanted to talk to you after surgery even after you blew her off to go out with her fucking bully!" Chris was equally as pissed off as nick, together they could fuel a fire with all their anger.

"wait what?" matt didn't know she only wanted to talk to him

"yeah! she started crying after you hadn't answered her for 3 hours, lily, alahna, and us had to talk her out of a fucking panic attack!"

"whoever fucking possessed you and made you into an asshole, tell em' to get the fuck out. i miss the real Matthew, the Matthew who was quite the opposite of an asshole."

after his brothers left Matthew felt a tear fall down his cheek, he really never meant to be an asshole, he was trying to protect summer.

Sylvia was threatening to release the story about summers sister and dad to the entire school and social media, which would've destroyed summer. on top of that, Matt had crazy feelings for summer. but now he was pushing her away and hurting her.

he took a few moments to cry into his pillow, his heart aching and his eye aching.

"Sylvia! I'm not going to fucking go out with you!" matt screamed out to the girl, all he wanted to do was return home to call summer, her surgery was gonna be done soon.

"yes, you will!"

"Sylvia! i don't have fucking feelings for you!"

Sylvia gasped and punched the boy in the eye, a shocked face on both of them. Matt was shocked she hit him, and Sylvia was shocked he said that to her. the worst part is, matt was 18 and Sylvia was 17. he couldn't do shit.

"yes you will go out with me, or else you know what will happen." she grabbed his jaw aggressively and pulled his face closer to hers, ignoring his struggle.

Sylvia had then made him kiss her and much more, something he'd never recover from.

'god, i just wanna hug summer. she would make me feel so much better right now'he thought as he watched a movie with Sylvia, her knuckles turning white from how hard she was pulling matts arms around her.

after matt had remembered the whole situation, he couldn't hold it in anymore. he needed to tell someone. his brothers. the people who were always there for him when he needed it.

matt opened Chris's door to see both of the brothers in the room sitting on the bed. they both looked up and saw the bruises on matts face they hadn't seen before, and the string of hickeys around his throat.

"i didn't willingly go out with sylvia. trust me. i would never do anything like that to summer." he started, looking down at the ground. his brothers gasped and stood up, looking at their brother.

"she um, she said if i didn't that she would've put summers whole family story on the internet, it would've ruined her, i couldn't let that happen" he studdered, giving in to the tears at the end. he finally looked up at his brothers while sobbing. both of the boys had tears falling from their eyes as they walked up to matt and hugged him.

matt sobbed into his brother's shoulders as they hugged in the middle of the room, matt ignoring the pain coming from all the bruises on his stomach.

"you need to tell her when she gets back okay?" nick told Matthew as they pulled away. matt aggressively shook his head while soaking the tears up with his sweater.

"no, no then sylvia will do it and i cant let that happen,"

"matt. what sylvia is doing to you is not okay. at all. its assault. we will deal with the consequences later. first. tell her."

summer

hey ik ur mad and I completely understand but I told Nick and Chris what's been happening and they told me I need to tell you.
the reason I went with Sylvia to the movies was that she said if I didn't she'd tell the internet what happened with your sis and dad.
and then she got really violent