Chapter 4 - Date A Dream

Start from the beginning

Kurumi begins to lay down and- my thoughts are overwhelmed by immeasurable softness.

"...Kurumi?"

"Yes, Issei-kun?"

"When you said you wanted to sleep next to me, I figured you meant you'd sleep next to me, not use me like a damn body pillow!"

"Hmph. I can't help it." She snakes her arms around me. "I need something to hold onto when I sleep~"

This girl... There's no winning this is there?

"Fuck it, fine."

"Thanks Issei-kun."

With that said, I turn off the lamp, allowing darkness to enshroud the room.

"Hey, Kurumi?"

"Yes?"

"Sweet dreams."

Her body stiffens around me. That's right, she's been alone for years. When was the last time someone told her that? When was the last time she had any kind of positive human interaction?

"Fufu~ sweet dreams, Issei."

I quickly and peacefully fall into the realm of Morpheus soon after.

—————

Opening my eyes, I'm treated to the sight of a strange place. I'm standing on a large, round platform. The floor is grey, like concrete. Around is an endless light blue void. It's reminiscent of the Hunter's Dream from Bloodborne, only without the trees. In the center is a golden yellow crystal, floating above a pedestal. It glimmers and gives off an equally good light.

"Welcome, my Host."

A monotone, feminine voice comes from the crystal and surprises me.

"Uh, hey. Who, or what are you?"

"I am the angel contained within the Sephira Crystal contained within your body. My name is Helel."

Helel? Don't remember this in the light novel.
"Helel? Well, it's nice to meet you, but ive never heard of you before."

"That makes sense, I wasn't shown in Date A Live."

"Huh!?" How did she-?

"When we bonded, I viewed your memories. I apologize if this upsets you, Host."

"Er, no, it's fine. This saves me a lot of explaining." Still, Helel, the first angel of God? Wonder if that has anything to do with her?

"As for why you have never heard of me, I was discarded by me Creator."

"Mio? Why would she do that?"

"I was considered 'defective' and unsuitable for her plans regarding Takamiya Shinji, thus I was discarded."

"...Shinji really never taught that woman empathy, did he?"

"Most likely not. I was originally powerless, so my Creator gave me a weaker version of the power of her strongest angel, Ain."

"Makes sense, Ain turns her into a God wherever it's light shines. Though, could you do something that extreme?"

"No, while my Reiryoku is stronger than Inverse Reiryoku, it is nowhere near as powerful as my Creator's Pure Reiryoku."

"Pure Reiryoku? The hell's that?" Mio's special power source? It makes sense, she is a True Spirit.

"Let me explain. Let us compare regular Reiryoku to water, in terms of its density. Inverse Reiryoku would be comparable to maple syrup, and therefore much stronger due to being compressed. The Reiryoku I use is far denser than Inversed, and therefore allows a much higher power output. In exchange, my power cannot Inverse. Pure Reiryoku would be comparable to the densest liquid possible. If poured it would move at a single Planck Length per hour."