chapter seven: heaven in hiding

Start from the beginning

Bucky and Steve continue. Their lips move together until it is hard to tell where one starts and the other stops. Bucky slides his hand under Steve's shirt, leaning down to suck at the soft skin of his neck. Lilly imagines the hard muscles there she feels any time she gives Steve a hug. It makes her thighs clench together.

Steve puts a hand on the back of Bucky's neck, holding him closer as Bucky sucks bruises onto his pale skin. He spits into his hand and snakes it into Bucky's shorts. Lilly can see Steve's hand pumping back and forth and hears Bucky groan. Lilly feels arousal pooling in her shorts and whimpers a little.

She's embarrassed, the sight of her two best friends causing her to feel as if she'll combust at any minute. Bucky ruts his hips against Steve's hand, head back as he moans again. It takes everything in Lilly's power to not touch herself.

Lilly hears Misty call her name. Frantic, she runs back up the hill to the house. She knows what Bucky and Steve are doing isn't wrong, but she'd rather die than have someone catch her watching them.

Bucky and Steve are just staring at Lilly. The drugs are really kicking in. Steve has to convince himself that Lilly's skin isn't actually glittering. Bucky's eyes flit over her legs, mouth watering and cock hardening at the sight of her shorts. The floor around Lilly's body won't stop moving.

"It's fine. Everyone knows it was bound to happen."

Lilly holds up her hand. Her nail polish is melting off and she giggles.

"So," Steve starts tentatively. "What, uh, did you see?" He really wishes Lilly wasn't so goddamn sparkly right now. It's hard to concentrate.

"Enough. I'm happy for you two. Besides it was kinda hot," she murmurs dreamily. The lights make Bucky's eyes glow. She blinks up at him slowly.

"You're not mad?" Bucky asks, breathlessly. Now the walls are moving too. There's multicolored patterns appearing on the paint.

Lilly shakes her head and laughs. Steve laughs too, reaching a slow hand out to touch Bucky's hair. It makes him jump.

"Nope," she says sitting on her knees. "I do have a question though."

She starts rubbing the smooth fabric of her shirt. It's like her skin is vibrating. Both sets of blue eyes look at her.

They are so, so pretty. And sweet. So sweet.

"Could you do it again? I didn't get a good enough look last time."

_____________________________________________

Present Day

Bucky Barnes is having the best fucking day.

For the first time in a long time, he actually slept through the night. His therapist says that he's too worried about work. In reality, Bucky spends his nights awake thinking about Lilly like a lovesick teenager. She makes him crazy, in his favorite way.

He woke up to a message from her saying good morning. Every time his phone pings with a notification he can't help but look. It's made meetings and business calls incredibly inconvenient.

Lilly has always been his safe place, somewhere to go when times are tough. He's spent hours upon hours over the years scanning the freckles on her cheeks and burying himself in the rosy scent of her shampoo. There was a time where Bucky thought he'd never get that back.

He's managed to make it these last weeks without running into Steve or Peggy Carter. Bucky isn't afraid of seeing his former more than best friend. He just knows that it's a conversation for a different time. Bucky still loves Steve enough to not want to overshadow what should be an exciting time in his life.