chapter six: shameless

a/n: smut (oral f receiving)

After another week, Lilly returns to work.

Her mom took Lilly upstate with her boyfriend, Tony. He has a cabin right on the lake that Colleen was dying to show off since the two started dating last year. Tony is an engineer, working on government contracts out of D.C. but he comes up to Brooklyn any chance he gets. He's sarcastic, witty, and perfect for Colleen.

The entire time she was gone, Bucky texted her.

Sweet "good morning" messages and running commentary on his day filled her inbox, making Lilly smile every time the notification bell went off on her phone.

She even got a video call from Sam, running with Bucky's phone on their morning jog while Bucky yelled in the background. Colleen and Lilly had tears streaming down their faces from laughing so hard.

Lilly's first day back at work involved running small errands for Becca and Mrs. Barnes, while the two were occupied with school and meetings, respectively. Tasks like dropping off mail, picking up dry cleaning, and buying wine at the shop down the block kept Lilly busy until lunchtime.

Upon returning to the apartment, Lilly runs into Aunt May and Peter in the elevator. Peter comes twice a week to tutor Becca in calculus. Lilly feels like there's something more to it, based on the way Peter's cheeks flush at the sight of the younger Barnes, but Lilly doesn't mention it.

After a quick wave to Peter as he goes to get settled and wait for Becca to come home, Lilly hops onto the kitchen counter to keep May company.

Lilly winces, the marble counter top cold against her bare legs. She pulls her skirt down a little, a flowy floral piece Becca let her borrow that stops right above her knees.

"Okay, try this. Made it last night. Berry tart with almond shortbread crust," May says, pulling a glass dish from the refrigerator.

Aunt May passes Lilly a fork of the dessert, which she happily accepts. The bite is full of strawberries and pastry creme, with a hint of something floral. Lilly rolls her eyes back, humming in approval.

"Oh my god, May, that's fuckin' incredible. Are there...roses in that?"

Aunt May smiles, brown eyes crinkling at the corners. She's the best chef on the Upper East Side. Winnifred hired her back when she was fresh out of culinary school and the Barnes were newlyweds.

"Yes! There's rosewater in the cream! See, this is why you're my favorite."

Lilly chuckles a little, wiping strawberry juice from the corner of her mouth.

"Whoa, Aunt May, you're breakin' my heart here."

Bucky saunters into the kitchen, pushing his sunglasses onto his head. He's dressed for work, a light buttoned shirt tucked into grey slacks. The sleeves are rolled up, making Lilly's mouth water at the sight of his lightly tanned forearms.

"Hello, gorgeous," Bucky whispers, blue eyes blazing up at Lilly.

He stops to place a kiss on the back of Lilly's hand as he walks to the fridge. Lilly feels like the bones in her body have melted. She could slide right into the floor.

Aunt May pats Bucky on his broad shoulders, standing on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"Oh honey, you know I loved you first," May laughs. "But our girl Lilly is something else."

Bucky stares at Lilly as he takes a long drink of water. She watches the veins in his neck twitch with the motion.

"Yeah, she is," he says, smiling broadly at Lilly.