I saw Clay tense up as the group of people let out cries of terror. And he sent Hallyanna away with someone to help get her cleaned up.

He walked back up to the stage, "I'm sorry you all had to hear that without warning...I wish we could do something right at this moment, but it will be completely dark soon. We don't have the resources to conduct a night search for the group that went searching for the children. 

"But first thing in the morning we will head out in groups of volunteers. I will be among those volunteers. We are a town and we do what we can to watch out for the others. I bring this meeting to a close, if you would like to volunteer be back here at first light."

Clay sighed as he looked down, the group of people dispersing. I felt tears streaming down my face, but not because of what Hallyanna said. Because of what I saw. 

She had been lying. I could tell almost right away. The first clue was her cut and bruised knuckles. I could see them from all the way at the front, they must've been fresh. She never mentioned being attacked.

Before I could tell Clay anything I heard a loud crash. I look towards the area and watch as Clay starts knocking chairs over. I quickly stand up and run towards him.

"Clay!" I shout trying to get him to stop, "Clay!"

After knocking down a few more chairs, he stops and looks at me with tears in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry…" Clay whispers to me as he looks down ashamed. 

I don't say anything as I walk around the knocked-down chairs towards him. I hugged him, realizing at this moment that I couldn't tell Clay my suspicions. I'd have to deal with Hallyanna myself.

Once we were back at the house and I saw that Clay was inside, I had figured out who could help. "I didn't see Josiah at the meeting, I'm going to go and tell him myself. He deserves to hear it from someone he knows."

"I'll go with you," My mom offers, starting to grab her coat, but I stop her.

"No, it's alright you should stay here with Clay, maybe watch Thomas for them so they can be alone," I suggest hoping she'll let me go by myself.

She sighs as she places her coat back up, "be careful, and if it's dark before you're heading back, stay at Josiah's. I trust him to watch out for you."

I nod as I start heading out. I couldn't stop thinking about why Hallyanna would have lied. Who would she have needed to fight? I know she's sometimes harsh, but I couldn't imagine her lying about something so important.

I knocked on the door of the house, waiting for someone to answer. But of course, no one did. Grayson wasn't here to answer, and Josiah was probably locked away in his room. I walked around the house knowing Grayson's room and went for the window.

It was unlocked, perfect for an entrance. I pulled it open and slid in, my eyes adjusted to the slight darkness of the room. I stared at the empty bed with a sigh. Hoping with every part of my being, that Grayson, DJ, Julian, and Colton were alright.

I walked out before I could let my mind start to worry again and headed for Josiah's room. I knocked on the door, knowing that I would get a response unless I said everything right out here.

"Josiah, it's Aria, look something happened to the kids. This morning Grayson went with a group to look for them. They aren't back. I think something bad happened to them."

I paused and listened on the other side, not hearing anything. I sighed about to try again, but the door opened, and a worn-looking Josiah opened.

"Why do you think something happened to them?" He inquires in a direct tone, devoid of emotions. 

"Hallyanna was gone too, she said she saw the kids fall off the cliff, but she was lying. I think she was at least. She had cut and bleeding knuckles, like she was in a fight. She never mentioned a fight.

"She had cuts on her face, they looked maybe from branches, but the placement made them look more like cuts from being punched."

He nodded his head, "the cliff she mentioned, do you know where that is?"

"Yeah I think so, I haven't been there but I've heard Dane talking about it before," I explained, momentarily wondering where Dane was. Probably getting ready to head out on his own to find DJ I bet. I would have suggested that maybe Josiah should find him and head put with him, but Josiah was already getting ready to leave.

He handed me a paper and pen, "write down the directions to the cliff. And before you say, 'I'm coming with you' I can't let you, because your mother would kill me. 

"People will notice if you're gone. Anyways I need you to keep an eye on Hallyanna, I can't get the information you can."

I sighed knowing he was right, and with a bit more time I wrote out the directions. After that he walked me back to my house, making sure that I was inside. I went to the window and watched him as his figure retreated towards the woods.

Please let them be okay...