𝟬𝟭𝟰. somebody that i used to know

chapter fourteen, somebody that i used to know

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

         If it was one thing Black Cat was amazing at, it was sneaking into places she shouldn't be sneaking into. It was very different from Freya, who was the typical clumsy teenage girl, but when this alternate identity took over, she was quite literally a different person. But Freya liked that, she liked feeling free, and reckless, and impulsive.

It was no shocker to her how easy it was to get into the museum, but what did she expect when she diverted the security's attention by their car alarms going off in the back parking lot? Black Cat swiftly breezed through the halls, the heels of her boots successfully not making a single noise as she strutted towards the item she was sent to retrieve.

She never actually met Kingpin, he communicated with her mostly through her father and these random cards with addresses labeled on them. Freya assumed it was for her own good, because Black Cat was supposed to be kept a secret, and Kingpin was the crime lord that kids had nightmares about.. or at least that's what Freya assumed. The way he's made out to be is big and tough and scary.

     The worry of Kingpin vanished from her mind when her eyes landed on a door that had what she had come to collect on the other side. It wasn't something actually in the museum. It was some hard drive that apparently had important and classified information that belonged to someone. Freya didn't question it, she just did what she was told.

     She approached the door, her hand wrapping around the cold doorknob only to find out it was locked. A sigh left her lips, the girl glancing down both halls to her left and right before slightly bending down, sticking the tip of the claw on her pointer finger into the lock, twisting it until Freya heard it click. A smile appeared on her lips as she stood back up, wrapping her hand around the cold metal to push open the door.

The small room had a large screen of different security camera views, her eyes scanning each one until they landed on the one looking out at the back parking lot, where the security guards were still attending to the blaring car alarms. Freya's eyes shifted down to the desk beneath the screens, finally finding the small hard drive that was plugged into one of the ports of the computer software.

"Don't mind if I do," she whispered, quickly pulling it out and wrapping her hand around it, forming a fist.

Just as she turned around, her balled-up hand was suddenly webbed to the desk, and there he stood, the bane of her existence at times like this — Spider-Man. Freya should have known Peter followed her from the restaurant. Her eyes moved from her hand that was stuck to the desk to the face of his suit, he was leaning against the doorframe with his arms across his chest, like he found it amusing.