𝟬𝟬𝟴. if you hide, it doesn't go away

chapter eight, if you hide, it doesn't go away

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

         "Freya, you know if I was here —"

         "That's the thing, you're never here! Whenever you're gone, mom always does this. Drew even stood up for me this time." Freya cut her father off, the two of them sitting on the couch as the rest of the family wasn't home, with Drew and Gabby currently on their way home and her mother at the lab.

         "Hey, look at me," Russell Morgan said to his daughter who was still out of it from her experience this morning with her mother. "I'm sorry I wasn't here. I was trying to get you out of this warrant mess." He explained.

         "Did you?"

         A sigh left her father's lips, and Freya knew a defeated sigh when she heard one. "Great, so now what?" She huffed, pulling her legs into her chest.

        "Keep doing what you're doing. You seem to be enjoying this Black Cat thing." Her father slightly smiled, "And once you finally take down Spider-Man, it'll be like a weight has lifted off the world." He told her.

         Freya nodded, "Whoever he is, he knows how to get a good punch in." She joked, a small smile forming on her lips.

         "I just wish I could tell Peter all of this. Dad, you don't understand how much it's killing me not telling him this. And then you had to go and ruin last night." Freya groaned, leaning her head back on the couch as her father just stared at her.

          "I'm sorry about last night, but Freya, there's something you need to know about Peter —"

          His words were cut off by the front door opening and the two on the couch looked over to see Gabby and Drew entering the home. "Oh, it's just you. I was seriously scared mom was home." Gabby sighed, throwing her backpack on the floor near the front door of the apartment.

          "How are you doing, Freya?" Drew asked as he walked into the living room, his hands resting against the top of the couch, looking down at his sister.

"I'm okay."

"Are you still doing the Black Cat thing?" Gabby questioned, hopping over the couch and looking over at her sister on the other side. Freya just nodded as a response, which caused Gabby to speak up again. "I don't get why you have to kill Spider-Man. Why can't you just sit down and talk to him and figure everything out?" Gabby thought out loud.