𝟬𝟬𝟵. the art of betrayal

chapter nine, the art of betrayal

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

         "Wait, so you guys kissed, and then you got into a fight because he was lying to you?" Maia questioned as both she and Freya walked through the halls of the school.

          Freya had to refrain from answering the numerous amount of calls and voicemails Peter left last night. All of the voicemails were the same, saying that he was sorry and that he didn't mean anything he said, and that all he cared about was keeping Freya safe. He had left her another voicemail this morning before school, but Freya didn't get the chance to listen to it. She hasn't even seen the boy since she woke up, he wasn't waiting outside of her apartment building like he always does.

         "We got into a fight because he had a huge claw wound on his chest, and then he denied that Spider-Man attacked him and he told me it was Black Cat —"

          Freya's words were cut off by a laugh from Maia, "Oh my god, that's so funny." She said through her laughter.

          "Maia." Freya sternly said, indicating that this was no laughing matter, and that caused the smile to fade from the other girl's face.

           "Okay, if it wasn't Spider-Man, and it wasn't you, then who was it? Wait —" Maia stopped walking, turning to Freya who paused her movements when she saw Maia stop. "You don't think it was Mason, do you?" Maia questioned.

          "I mean, no. I feel like Peter would have told me if it was Mason.. Mason was also on the bridge that night. He had claws too. Claws, Maia! And he was so angry. He almost recognized me too, because I'm an idiot and called him by his name." Freya sighed, pushing her hair out of her face as she continued walking.

          "I don't know what my parents did to him, but we seriously need to find out." Freya added on as Maia kept her pace by walking next to her.

          "We?" Maia asked, earning a nod from Freya. "You mean like, right now? In the middle of school?" She asked more questions.

           "I need to know what my parents did to him. My mom also hasn't been home since yesterday, I think she's hiding out in the lab or something." Freya huffed, her hands gripped onto the straps of her backpack that was attached to her back.

           "Peter still doesn't know about what your parents do?"

           "Peter doesn't know anything."