𝟬𝟭𝟯. this is me trying

chapter thirteen, this is me trying

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

         It's normal to be extremely nervous for graduation, right? Normally Freya wasn't so scared of something so little as walking across a stage and getting handed a diploma that wrapped up the past four years of her life. Maybe it was because it was such a small moment that was so impactful, either way, it scared Freya more than anything. A part of her liked the fear, it made her feel like she was a regular teenage girl that didn't have claws or fangs or steals stuff in the dead of night. She was just Freya.

It was a few hours until graduation actually started and while half of her class was waiting at school ready to graduate, Freya stood in the middle of the walk-in closet of her room, panicking. She had just gotten off the phone with Gwen, who had to ramble about her valedictorian speech while Maia could be heard in the background telling Gwen it was going to be okay.

Freya was in nothing but her bra and underwear, tearing dresses off of the hangers and holding them up to a mirror, but none of the dresses looked graduation worthy. So, Freya started to get frustrated, more angry than anything. She was standing in the middle of her closet staring at the rest of the dresses that were left hanging, but then she took a white sundress down from the hangers, holding it up to her body as she looked in the mirror.

She stared at her reflection for a minute, turning in different angles to try and see how it matched with her hair which had two strands braided from the front and tied together in the back. A sigh left Freya's mouth, "Fine." She decided, dropping the dress, revealing her body once again in the mirror.

As she went to go slip into the dress, she was distracted by the sound of something suddenly knocking over in her room. Freya paused for a moment, then made her way to the closet door, peeking out into her room. She knew her family had left early, especially since Drew was graduating as well, so Freya began to freak out that today of all days was when someone decided to break into the luxurious apartment. Her eyes scanned the room, not seeing or hearing anything, until she began to hear the sound of faint breathing. Someone was hiding in here.

Freya's claws instinctively came out as she cautiously made her way out of the closet, walking back into her room, and made sure her eyes checked every single inch of her room. She made her way towards the balcony, but before she could pass her bed was when she felt a presence behind her, and Freya was quick to turn and grab them by their throat, pushing their back onto the mattress of her bed.

That was when her eyes landed on Peter's face, he was smirking up at her as he had just won some sort of game, and Freya kept the grip she had on his throat. In fact, she tightened it and the tips of her claws punctured at his skin, causing Peter to let out a quiet hiss.