Chapter 3 - Time to plan

It was morning and Hope had woken up. She got to choose what room she was staying in, and she had chosen the room that she stays in, in the future. Stefan said she could stay there until she finishes helping them. After everyone got there during the night everyone went off in different directions and Hope had to leave once more to get all her stuff. Hope had decided she could get involved a bit, since she needed more resources. Hope got out of bed and changed into her last set of clothes she had brought in the bag. After changing she went downstairs to see Damon, Rose, and Stefan who was on the phone with Elena. It didn't take long for them to notice her presence this time.

"You." Rose asks. Rose wasn't expecting to see Hope since it was obvious Elena didn't know Hope. She was on guard with her, after the whole incident with Trevor and Elijah.

"Me." Hope replies. "What is going on?" She asks Stefan after he hung up the phone with, who Hope guesses to be Elena.

"Rose was going to explain to us who the Original family is and is going to try helping Elena." Stefan answers.

"Oh." Hope is the only reply she can muster out for a while. "Do you guys have any food?" She asks trying to change the topic subtly, but because Damon is so cautious he can't help being suspicious of this answer. Hope notices his gaze and doesn't want to be more suspicious than she already, so she says, "What? I am hungry. I haven't eaten since yesterday."

"We have some food in the kitchen." Stefan tells Hope also finding her suspicious. "We can meet back here when Elena comes."

"Okay, but where is the kitchen." Hope asks. She already knows where it is, but it would be suspicious since she shouldn't have ever been there before.

"Follow me." Stefan says, as he begins walking towards where the kitchen is. "I would like to ask you a few questions."

Before Hope gets to far away from Rose and Damon she hears Rose say, "What is she doing here? She was there."

"How long have you known you were a witch?" Stefan asks Hope as they walk through the Great Room and into the kitchen.

"I have known since I was a child." Hope replies knowing there is no harm in this answer.

"Have you heard about the Original family before?"

"Most supernatural creatures have, haven't they?" Hope asks in response giving Stefan a vague answer. "Have you heard of the Originals before?"

"I know bits and pieces from stories I have heard." Stefan replies. "Can we trust you?" He asks getting right to the point.

To this question Hope just stays silent since she knew she would be lying if she said yes, because she knows she wouldn't be able to go against her father. Hope knows he is probably listening to her heartbeat to tell if she is lying, so she has made sure she hasn't told a direct lie. She has the feeling that she wouldn't be able to trust them at this point in time either and that she would choose her family even if they don't know it's her or trust her. She doesn't want to damage the future or ruin her family anymore than she already has. Just helping the people she cares about is what she wants to do. She knows what she has to do and decided she should use this time to plan.

"Can I trust you?" Hope asks Stefan avoiding his question. "Looks like we made it to the kitchen, thanks." Hope says as they both enter the kitchen.

After Hope ate and Elena arrived

After Hope had finished eating she went to go take a seat in the great room. After a few minutes there was noise from the door knocker which Hope had assumed meant Elena arrived. She got up and went in the direction of the door with Stefan and Rose who she had made some conversation with. After the knocking came Damon got up to go answer.