Chapter 2 - The Noble Brother

Start from the beginning

"Who are the Originals?" Elena asks, taking a step closer to the woman.

"Trevor and I have been running for 500 years." She says, turning to look back at Elena.

'Who is Trevor?' Hope wonders. 'I hadn't heard of him.' She had begun to be curious as to what part these two play in what happens to her family.

"We're tired. We want it over. We're using you to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess." She says, as Hope realizes why these people kidnapped Elena.

"But why me?"

"Because you're a Petrova doppelgänger. You're the key to breaking the curse." The woman stated. Hope had remembered hearing something about that before, but had heard there was more to the story. Her dad didn't want to explain what happened to Hope since she was still young, so she heard bits and pieces from the kids at school.

"Curse? The Sun and the Moon Curse?" Elena asks.

"Ohh. You do know your history."

"What do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse."

"No. The Moonstone is what binds the curse. Sacrifice is what breaks it."

"Sacrifice?" Elena asks.

"The blood of the doppelgänger. You're the doppelgänger. Which means in order to break the curse, you're the one that has to die." She says, this shocks Elena.

'It makes sense if you look at all the events that have happened until this point. Katherine hasn't even killed Elena even though she has had all the opportunities too.' Hope thought to herself.

"Tell me more." Elena says.

"Captivity has made her pushy, eh?" What Hope assumes to be Trevor says. "What do you want to know, Delicious?"

"Who are you running from?" Elena asks Trevor.

"The Originals."

"Yeah, she said that. What does that mean?"

"The first family—" Trevor says, kicking a pile of books on the floor as he walks over to Elena. "The old world— Rose and I pissed 'em off." Trevor states. Learning that the woman with short brown hair names was Rose.

Hope stands in the same room as them, gathering more information about what her family was like before she was born. But Hope starts to think to herself, 'For people who have been running for 500 years, you would think they would have noticed me by now.'

"Mm-mmm." Rose hums in disagreement to that statement.

"Correction— I pissed them off. Rose had my back. And for over half a millennium, they've wanted us dead." Trevor says, tossing a random boom at Elena's feet.

"What did you do?" Elena asks Trevor.

"He made the same mistake countless others did." Rose says, answering for Trevor who just turned around. "He trusted Katrina Petrova."

"Katherine."

"Mmm." Rose hums in agreement. "The one and only— the first Petrova doppelgänger." Rose says. Hope just wonders where they got that idea, she had learned that the doppelgängers went way before Katherine and Tania's time, with them being the first immortal beings on earth.

"I helped her escape her fate." Trevor says, holding an open book not bothering to actually read it. "And now I've— sorry, we've been marked ever since."

"Which is why we're not gonna make the same mistake again." Rose tells Trevor, who just sets down the book he was holding earlier on the table full of books and walking past Elena to Rose.