Chapter 8

Lena's POV

I breathed a sigh of relief.
About 10 minutes ago, I had received a text from Stef saying that she told her mom, and her mom was completely on board.

I was standing at the stove cooking a surprise lunch for Stef, when I heard a knock on the door.

I answered it, and a man with a suit jacket and police badge was standing in front if me.

"Lena Adams?" He asked.

"Yes, can I help you officer?"

"Um, Stef Foster has you in her phone as an emergency contact, along with her mother but we are unable to get in touch with her mother."

I started to panic and my heart was racing.

"Emergen- what's the emergency what happened??!!" I screamed at him. I wanted him to just hurry up and tell me what was going on.

"Lena, calm down. Stef was, um, just in a car accident. Right down the street from here."

"What?! Oh my god is she ok?"
The officer just looked at me.
"Is she ok?!?! Where is she?!"

"She's just been put in an ambulance and is on her way to the local hospital. She has two EMT's riding along."

"Oh my god I have to go I have to get to her is she gonna be ok?! Is she- oh my god I have to go." I grabbed my purse and a jacket and ran out my front door right by him.

"I'll follow you to the hospital incase you need anything." He yelled from behind me.

I didn't even respond. I jumped into my car and sped out of the parking lot. I must've run at least two red lights on the way there.

I pulled into the hospital parking lot and ran through the doors and to the front desk.

"Hi can you tell me where Stef Foster is?" I asked, out of breathe from running across the parking lot.

"Foster..." She said looking through her computer. "She's in a room in the ER. 102 A. Go down this hall and take a left." She said pointing.

I didn't even say thank you. I just ran.

"Where's Stef Foster?" I asked the first ER nurse I saw, all in one breathe.

"Ma'am, why don't you calm down and take a seat." She tried leading me to the waiting room, but I wasn't budging.

"No, I need to see her where is she?!"

"She's in an ER room, ma'am. You can't see her until she is moved out of the ER and into an ICU room."

"What?! How long will that be?!" I tried to pass the nurse but she wouldn't let me.

"I don't know, ma'am. I will let Ms. Foster know that you're here, but that's the best I can do. How about you sit in the waiting room and I'll get you some water."

"Uh, ok." I was defeated. I sat down in the chair closest to the front desk of the ER. The nurse I had been talking to brought me a cup of water.

"I'll let you know as soon as you can see Ms. Foster." She informed me.

"Thank you." I responded, taking a sip of my water.

The next three hours felt like three years. I had watched the news for a little while, went down to the cafeteria for lunch, and come back up.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" I heard a nurse say from behind me.

I got up as fast as I could and turned around to face the woman talking to me.