Chapter 7

Despite Louis' original, albeit prevalent, doubts about rekindling his friendship with Harry, he must admit that all of their shared classes are a smidge more enjoyable with the air of rivalry dissipated.

It's no flip of a switch (this isn't some sort of enemies to lovers shit), but it's something.

In Victorian Literature, the two of them recently had a particularly rousing discussion on Shakespeare's The Tempest and how it relates to today's world, instead of the usual jabs exchanged between them.

Despite their conversation mainly consisting of criticism about Caliban being a dick - a healthy dose of penis jokes were sprinkled in the mix because they're immature teenagers - and how Miranda should've left the fictional island long ago to find her own path, it was still nice to talk like normal classmates.

The sudden change in behavior was also happily accepted by Ms. Swift, who passed by their table one day after their restaurant meet-up and left a bag of Maltesers in front of them to split. She even offered them a small smile and waved goodbye after class, which was strange based on the fact that all she ever does is scowl at them in disapproval.

Even ceramics has become more enjoyable, which is a nice surprise since it was one of Louis' favorite classes.

(Anatomy is the other, where Zayn has now passed out a total of... 4 times? Most recently, it was during their dissection of tabby cats. Niall couldn't help but laugh and crack the well-timed joke. "What a pussy!" he cried out between guffaws, all while Liam was trying to get Zayn to sip on a water bottle, which he's been bringing regularly for his boyfriend during dissection days.)

Back to ceramics class: Mr. Hood has recently started taking music requests from his impressive collection of vinyls, as well as accepting student sketches and ideas for his next tattoo, which has been nothing short of a blast.

Louis even paused making his newest sculptural masterpiece to draw, his cartoon-like figure of his dog sitting stagnant on the far counter. They were supposed to sculpt something that brings them joy, and Louis loves his dog, Geoffrey (lovingly named after a cake baker Louis loves from his favorite show, Ace of Cakes).

Plus, dogs are better than cats and since Harry was trying to sculpt his cat, William, it was an easy choice in subject matter. (Attempts at friendship or not, Harry must always be outdone, and Louis will make sure of it.)

Louis dedicated the last two ceramic classes to sketching out an old record player blooming with intricate flowers, with the lyrics of "Lake of Fire" by the Meat Puppets written underneath in his best attempt at 'neat handwriting'. Louis suggested he get it tattooed on his ass cheek, to which Mr. Hood rolled his eyes and smirked. "You wish," he scoffed at Louis, a humored smile on his face.

From his seat, Louis finds it quite amusing to watch the Year Nines put the slips of papers with their drawings into the empty cheese puff container Mr. Hood put out on a stool, all with nervous looks on their faces. Thomas, Juan Luis, Louis, and Harry all make bets on which drawing will win, but Louis knows his is the best, and he's confident Mr. Hood will choose it.

Harry's sketch of a heart speared with a dagger is a close second (that boy can draw), but Louis hopes to come out on top.

Juan Luis went the culinary route, drawing his favorite homemade meal that his mum always makes him back at home - chorizo y papas but made into a fancy pasta dish with a spicy red sauce and lots of cheese. Thomas opted for a striking portrait of himself with over-exaggerated muscles, slipping the paper into the box with an amused smirk.

Speaking of the foreign exchange lads, they've started to become buddy-buddy with Harry. Recently, Harry has been talking more to their tablemates in class, until even Juan Luis was laughing at Harry's terrible dad jokes. Not that Louis likes the jokes at all. They're bad quality and Louis only laughed once at one egg joke about a Yolks-wagon.