Chapter Six

"Girl that man was almost foaming at the mouth when he saw you." Rachel smiled showing her pearly white. Kenya forced a smile on her face as she wait for the man that had clung to her since she walked into the club. The pulse of the music was beginning to slow down and so was her adrenaline from earlier. She felt herself getting sluggish. 

"Yeah but your partner for the night certainly can't keep his eyes off you." Kenya teased as they both looked at the cute Asian that was making himself towards them. It wasn't long before Rachel was whisked away back onto the dance floor and Kenya watched genuinely  happy for her friend. The guy seemed nice enough.

A few moment passed when the guy she was talking to came back with a glass in hand. He gave me a full tooth smile. She pursed my lips. He was cute enough but Kenya just wasn't feeling it. He wasn't giving what she wanted. But she technically didn't know what that was. It was a dilemma.  She inwardly sighed and she took a sip from the cup.

All too quickly she felt someone snatch her backwards and the glass slipped from her fingers crashing on the floor. A hard muscled chest  touched her back sending something through her. But the shock and anger was all too much and she whipped around to give wheoever thr jerk was that thought they could put their hands in her and treat her like a rag doll.

"Hey can't you see she's with me asshole?" The guy stepped forward ready to throw hands or at least looking like he would.

"I don't think so. Walk away. Babe let's go."

Ace had his hands around Kenya and was steering her towards the exit. Kenya walked on in a daze not sure what was happening. Everything was moving too quickly. She saw him exchange words with someone and then they were gone out into the night air. She didn't know what was stopping her brain from making her mouth work. Maybe it was the fact that Mr. Noah referred to her as 'Babe' and that was doing something to her that she didn't want to acknowledge.   Or perhaps it was the fact that he had his arms wrapped around her in a close manner and everywhere he touched, clothed or not, tingled something fierce. She felt as if a thousand needled were pricking her at once.

She came to her senses and noticed she was sitting in his car as he drove to only God knows where. Shaking her heard she was finally able to work her lips after licking them slightly.

"What in the hell Mr. Noah?" She asked rapidly and loudly.  She took a deep breath to calm down everything that was going wrong with her. Her thundering heart. Her tingling body. Her jumbled mind. They were all working together to make her one fine mess. And now she was beginning to feel a bit hot too.

"Okay. Mr. Noah please give me an explanation for what is going on. What was that?" She asked.

"What was that? That was me saving you. Why were you even their dancing with him?" Ace seethed giving her a quick glance as he stopped at a stop sign and then pushing the gas again.

"Saving me? And because I am a grown woman who also happens to be single. Do I have to report everything to you?" She questioned.

"Yes saving you. And that may be true but can't you choose better men?" He growled out. Kenya was only getting more confused and that wasn't helping her case right now. She rolled the window down to get more air. But the windows rolled back up by themselves. She glowered at him.

"Can we stop answering and asking a question. It feels like I'm having two conversations at once." She reasoned lifting the button for the window to find that it wouldn't roll down. "And for Heavens sake please let me roll the window down!" She snarled." Tell me what's going on."

"That man put something in you drink. I saw it all from the VIP Lounge. I couldn't watch you get taken advantage of so I interfered but apparently I wasn't quick enough. And I don't know about you but I don't want to be on the front page of a magazine. The paparazzi are a bit frazzled and have been hanging around my place trying to catch me in the act of some scandal." He warned and switched the AC on full blast.