Chapter Four

Ace woke from his day dreaming, something he never did. But now he felt himself doing it more often then not. He was strung tight like a bow.  And the reason was because if the woman sitting across from him. Today of all days she had to wear a white silk blouse that seemed to flirtatiously open to give just the whisper of a peak at her the cleavage. Two months ago he would have never even noticed. But now he did. He noticed everything about her. He found himself noticing everything.

Like how today paired with the blouse she wore a pinstripe suit and red bottoms that gave her a bit of extra height. He noticed that she was actually shorter than he had thought and she always wore heels. But they only added to her overall outfit.  He also noticed that today her lipstick was a scarlet red and not a nude color. It drew eyes to the corners of her lips where the faint hint of where a dimple would be showed. It wasn't deep but there when she gave a smile. Her teeth were a blowing white. And her hair was up today in a ponytail of curls.

"Sir are you okay?" Kenya asked.

She was feeling unsettled. She had caught Ace Noah staring at her more times than she can count in the last couple of weeks. Most times she could ignore them, but not when his eyes would darken and his nose flare. The shadows on his face would become noticeable and she would watch as his eyes trailed across her leaving behind the feeling of...a caress. She shook herself.

There was no way that she was getting sex signals from her boss. She was just confused. Or at least that was what she had told her best friend not to long ago.

They were out for lunch once again, this time on time so that she wouldn't be late. She didn't make the habit of making the same mistake twice.

Rachel had been telling the story of one of her hook ups, some French artist who apparently make the best lovers, had tired her out. Somehow the conversations steered towards when the last she had sex was.

When she told her, her best friend had almost been ready to call a jigolo. She didn't know what concerned her the most. The fact that she knew one to call or the fact that she apparently had the number on speed dial. But her friend that the reason  explained why she seemed so.....angry.

"Sexual frustration I tell you. It's a horrible thing. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. You just need to get laid. I promise that everything will be fine once you have your back blown out real good." Rachel told her.

Kenya rubbed her face as her eyes caught sight of the teen girls sitting not to far from them who must have hears her friend's lewd comment. But she knew that Rachel didn't care and would say it louder if she thought it would change anything. So Kenya didn't say anything and just listened to her friend talk.

"And you said that hunky boss of yours has been looking at you funny." Rachel started.

"Honestly I don't know what to think about him. I guess he is just stressed." She responded.

"Or he is realizing that you are everything he needed and so much more. Men's taste can change honey." Rachel commented with a wave of a tomato covered fork.

"I don't think so. Besides I could be just imagining things." Kenya admonished. She knew of course that maybe because she hadn't had intercourse in the past.....three months, that she was in a hormonal rage.

So perhaps that was why lately she had been having dreams of passionate nights with a pair of dark chocolate brown eyes. And they were getting worse. She would never tell anyone that she had spent more money on linen an laundry then she did in grocery for her house.  She couldn't. It was too embarrassing.

She was thinking about setting aside a budget got the new costly endeavors that her brain was putting her through. She was never attracted to her boss before. Sure the man was gorgeous. He was tall, taller than her even in her heels. And his shoulders were board. His hair always had that wet look with those two little strings that hung over his eyes. Okay the man was hotter and a ghost pepper. But she had made a promise that she would not be like every other female in the establishment.