Silver: *helping Sonic up* Hey, you okay?

Sonic: Ugh, yeah.

Shadow: How did you know that would work?

Sonic: You said before the emeralds and ruby induced Chaos Control. If they could knock me outta super form, I figured they could do the same to him.

Mephil-Infinite is glitching in the background as the Ruby is no longer attached to him, therefore making him unstable.

Mephil-Infinite: Y-You...YOU! WHY YOU-!!!

Shadow: We need to finish this here and now before he rips apart our reality.

Sonic: Yeah, and I say we fight fire with fire!

Sonic sees the Ruby floating aimlessly alongside the Chaos Emeralds, having no apparent reaction.

Mephil-Infinite: Hahahahhaha! Only a being of such higher will could control the Phantom Ruby's power! You three are not worthy to wield such godly power!

Sonic: We'll just see about that! Ready guys?

The Chaos Emeralds spin around the Hedgehogs, transforming them into their super states and then using the Phantom Ruby to alter reality and allow them to transform into their hyper states. Hyper Sonic, Hyper Shadow, and Hyper Silver now oppose a crazed and unstable Mephil-Infinite as the final battle is about to begin. 

From the distance, they can hear their friends' voices calling out to them

Tails: You can do it Sonic!

Knuckles: Go get him, guys!

Amy: I believe in you, Sonic!

Rouge: Give him trouble, Shadow!

Blaze: You can do this, Silver!

Omega: Annihilate!

Vector: No holding back you guys!

Espio: You're our last hope!

ALL: FINISH THIS!!!

Music Insert:

This is where the true final boss begins; Hyper Hedgehogs vs Mephil-Infinite. The battle occurs in a corrupted dimension that is neither null space nor earth. In the background, you can see events from the past as well as events from other realities (past games like Crisis City, the alternate dark endings of Shadow, etc...) The fight plays similarly to Perfect Dark Gaia and The Time Eater.

You can fly around using the left stick in any direction. Use the A button to homing attack. Use the X button to boost through obstacles at high speeds. Use the B and Y buttons to perform special attacks. Sonic can use the Sonic Hurricane and Hyper Flash, which reflects projectiles. Shadow can use Hyper Chaos Spear (Hold to fire multiple at once) and Chaos Eruption, a stronger version of the Chaos Blast. Silver can fire Psychic Knives and use Psycho Shield an attack that fires a flurry of psychic-powered punches at Mephil-Infinite.

Your boost is infinite but your attacks require energy. Mephil-Infinite will fly in front of you, firing projectiles and projecting obstacles. Occasionally he will send big blasts of energy your way, which you must counter. Once he's stunned, that's your chance to perform a homing attack and deal some real damage. There are also close combat segments and quick-time events. The boss ends with Mephil-Infinite summoning his biggest blast yet, the Reality Detonator. The Hedgehogs use their powers to boost through and destroy the energy bomb.

Hyper Sonic: There's nothing the three of us can't achieve together! Victory is ours for the taking! HYPER BOOST!

(For the context of this story, picture them in Hyper form)

The Hedgehogs charge up power and boost through Mephil-Infinite, destroying Mephiles, and therefore the Phantom Ruby, once and for all, sending reality back to the way it was.

Mephil-Infinite: N-No. *glitching* NO! It's not- *glitching* -possible! We cannot- *glitch* We will not- *glitch* -be defeated! *glitch* The world- *glitch* We could have saved- *glitch* Salvation Is at hand-! *glitch*

At that moment, all of Mephiles' energy and influence on Infinite begins to dissipate.

Infinite: W-Wait! No! *glitching* D-Don't- *glitching* Where are you? *glitching* I-I need- *glitching* Don't- *glitching* DON'T LEAVE MEEEE- *glitching* -EEEEEEEEEE- *glitching* -EEEE! *glitching*

Mephil-Infinite screams as he glitches in and out of reality until he is destroyed along with Null Space. Mephiles the Dark is gone for good, and Infinite has perished alongside him.

Continue to the Finale...