Chapter 7- Meet My Insane Family

It’s been a day since Bryant and I have been together, yesterday was the day that little incident happened with him and his dad. Today, being Sunday, we decided to go on a date today instead of yesterday. He took me to my favorite place in the world, The Green Onion; he didn’t even know that place existed until I mentioned it.

  We were at the table eating when I thought to myself that Bryant should meet my mom; right when I was about to ask he said, “No.” I forgot about the mind reading thing.

  “Why not?”

  “Because, I’m not good with people.”

  “Your good with me and I’m considered people.” I said with a raised eyebrow.

  “That’s different, you’re my mate.”

  “So, I met your parents, didn’t I?”

  He looked at me with boredom, “Not intentionally.” He had a point.

  I went to his side of the booth and sat next to him, “Please, for me.” I said sweetly, while kissing his lips softly.

  “Fine.”

  “Yay!” I said as I jumped up to get back on my side of the booth.

  “Damit, you played me.” He said slightly upset.

  “No take backs!” I said laughing as I stuck my toung out.

   After we left the Green Onion, he drove to my house. I practically had to drag him to the front porch, “Come on, you said you would meet her.”

  “I don’t care, I change my mind.” He said trying to pull away from me.

  “Nope, you cannot change your mind about meeting my mom.”

  “Fine, I’ll meet her.” He finally gave up.

  I let go of him and held onto his hand as we walked into my house, “Mom, I have someone here who would like to meet you!” I yelled. She ran to the front door and found Bryant and I standing next to each other in front of the door.

  She smiled wide, I could tell she smelt that he was mixed like me, “Who’s this sweetie.”

  “This is Bryant, he’s m-my, um, m-mate.” I said stuttering not knowing how she would react when I said mate.

  Her smile got even wider, “Your mate? You found your mate? Oh my goodness, my first daughter found her MATE!” I’m pretty sure the whole freaking world heard her.

  “Mom, calm down, he’s just my mate, your acting like I’m pregnant or something.”

  “You’re not, right?”

  I just looked at her, because she would actually think I would go as far as having sex before I was married, or at least engaged. “No, mom, I am defiantly NOT, pregnant.”

  “Okay, good, although I do want grandkids.” She looked at us hinting.

  “Mom, are you encouraging two minors to have sex and have children before marriage?” I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

  “No, I’m just saying for future reference.”

  “Good.” I say as I look over at Bryant with an embarrassment smile.

  My mother grabbed my hand and drags Bryant and I into the living room. She made us sit down, while I’m thinking to myself ‘oh no she’s going to have the talk with us, she’s going scare another boy away’. I give my mom the death stare, but she didn’t notice.

  My mom sat down in the chair across from the love seat Bryant and I are sitting in, “So, you’re my daughter’s mate?” she said with a half smile. I could tell she was worried but excited at the same time. Bryant just nods at her in agreement. “Okay, I’m glad my daughter has found her mate, but if you hurt my daughter in anyway, I will hunt you down and find you before you can blink, and…”

  I interrupted her before she could go any further. Bryant’s eyes were as wide as the freaking moon, “MOM!”

  She looks over to me, “I’m sorry sweetie, you know I want you to be happy when it comes to boys; I just get a bit over protective.

  “A bit?” I ask with a raised eyebrow.

  “Okay, really over protective.” She says as she bobs her head around as if she’s weighing her options.

  “Can we go?” I said hoping we were done with this conversation. She nods, and I grab Bryant’s hand and take him upstairs to my room.

  Before we can reach my room, Avery comes out of her room to bother me. Her head is down looking at her iPhone5 either  playing Angry Birds or texting as she walks towards us, “Hey Jazzy, I found something of daddy’s before…” she stopped talking as soon as she raised her head to find Bryant standing next to me, “Who is this?” she asked smirking.

  “This is Bryant, my mate.”

  She looks at me with a raised eyebrow, “What the hell is a mate?”

  “Ask mom she’ll tell you.” I said smirking

  “You know what, I’m good.” She says as she looks back down at her phone.

  I looked over at Bryant, and his eyes get wide and he stiffens. I tighten my grip on his hand and continue the journey it took to get to my room. We reach my room and we sit on the love seat I have across from my bed, “Why did you do that?” I asked chuckling.

  “Do what?”

  “Your eyes got all wide and you stood strait up like someone shoved a pole up your ass.” I said with a raised eyebrow.

  He looks over to me with a freaked out smile, “I read your sister’s mind, and…” he said drifting off.

  “And what?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

  “Your sister is sexting some 16 year old dude.”

  My eyes got wide, “WHAT!” I jumped up and power walked to my sister’s room, “Avery can I see your phone?”

  “Why?” she said nervously.

  “I lost my phone and I need to use the app to find it.” I said without stuttering. I was applauding myself in my mind for the perfect answer.

  “Uh, okay.” She said still sounding nervous.

  “You’re in trouble.” I said as soon as she put the phone in my hand.

  Her eyes got wide, “What do you mean?”

  “You know exactly what I mean; I know your sexting some 16 year old boy.”

  Her eyes got even wider, “Please don’t tell mom, just take my phone away for a week.”

  “Why shouldn’t I?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

  “Because, I’m your sister and I love you.” She said more like a question then an answer, hugging me.

  “Avery, I’m not an idiot. I’m not falling for your shit.” I said as I pried her off of me.

  “Wait, how did you even find out?”

  “Because, I’m smart like that.” I said. She just slanted her head to the right pouted her lips and squinted her eyes at me, “OKAY, Bryant can read minds; he’s a Werepire like us.”

  “No, shit Sherlock, because I didn’t smell him when I saw him.” She said sarcastically.

  I just rolled my eyes at her and turned around to give her phone to my mom. I walked out shut the door and ran down the stairs. When I reached my mom I handed her the phone, “Why are you giving me Avery’s phone?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

  “Baby Avery hasn’t been being a good girl and has been sexting 16 year old boys.” I said as I was walking towards the stairs.

  “Avery Marie, get your ass down here!” My mom demanded. I should get out of here while I still can, because when my mother is angry all hell breaks loose.