|02| What Goes Around, Comes Around

Chapter 2 x

~~~~~~~~~~

"James calm down!" Victoria called as Kirk practically hurried through the courtyard before the San Fransisco Fleet Headquarters where Pike had been stationed upon his relief of duties as captain of the Enterprise, "You're like an over excited puppy!"

Kirk shot her a saucy smirk, "Is that code for you wanting to put me on a leash?"

She gave him a sarcastic smirk back, "I prefer handcuffs."

"Well, well, well, you know...I think I might just have..."

"Buy me a drink first," she nudged him, it had become her 'thing' to say to him when he got a bit too rambunctious in his innuendo and flirting. Even though he had bought her a drink or two in the past, she always said it as a means to remind him he was getting a little ahead of himself or that it wasn't the right time...though she was sorely tempted to keep it up, if just to make Spock uncomfortable.

"I do not understand your level of excitement," Spock remarked, "A summons such as this does not engender thoughts of praise or reward."

"Spock," Kirk rolled his eyes, "I'm telling you this is why he called, I can feel it!"

"Your feeling aside, I consider it highly unlikely we will be selected for the new program."

"Why else would Pike want to see us? Well, besides wanting to see his daughter again..." he winced at that, Pike had NOT been a fan of him introducing himself (jokingly) as the man's son-in-law when they'd gone to tell him they were together.

Pike punched him.

Hard.

And then started shouting about how dare they run off and get married without telling him, how he thought they weren't together, how he thought they hated each other, and so on. Victoria, who had warned him against doing that joke to the man and had fully expected her father to go off that way, started to time the rant. A half hour later though, she was getting just as annoyed as he was sure Spock felt for all humans but never showed it, and finally broke character and told her father the truth. She'd even told him the entire truth, how they'd been exiled to Delta Vega, how they'd met Future-Spock there and what he'd told them about their future in his universe.

Pike had been remarkably calmer after finding out that his baby girl hadn't just randomly gone to Vegas and eloped, though he didn't apologize to Kirk for punching him. He hadn't even bothered to ask the man's permission to court his daughter. To which Victoria had laughed heartily at that, citing it wasn't the middle ages, she didn't need her father to give his blessing on who she dated.

After that, Pike was just as he always was, though he was a little more familiar and open with Kirk as a result of finding out his daughter loved the man.

Yes, she'd even told her father that, how she really felt about Kirk, but in private. She was probably more nervous to admit that to her father than she was to one day actually tell Kirk how she felt. She'd sat down with him and had a long conversation with her father about it. Surprisingly...despite his first exclamations of shock that they were together...he'd actually been expecting it to happen and was truly more surprised that it had taken them that long to see it happen than anything. According to him, he'd looked back as he was leaving the bar in Iowa when they'd recruited Kirk, and seen the two of them officially meeting for the first time and seen it. There was something in the way they looked at each other that had led him to think that the boy would one day be his son-in-law. In the end, she was just happy her father had accepted them.