Blue Lock

'In order for Japan to win a World Cup... We will create the best striker in the world. Which is why 300 of the best high-school forwards... have been gathered for this project.'

'The only thing we were told is that we would be moving into some kind of lodging... So now we're on a bus, going through mountains... And then, we arrived. Blue Lock!'

...

"Next... Keisuke Takeyama."

'Things like our wallets and phones were all confiscated. One by one, they gave us all uniforms.'

'Hm? 245...V...? Is this ranking? What a joke.'

"All right, now each of you will go to the room matching your uniform's letter. We'll notify you when to change into uniform." Said the woman in charge.

'Blue Lock, Get ready here I come!'

...

"Oi..."

"Isn't that...?"

"That's Takeyama Keisuke, right?"

"I thought he was in Spain already."

"That was true..?"

"Wait, really..?"

As Keisuke walked in he saw all 11 people looking at him as if he was a god amongst men.

'Well, compared to them I really am so much better.'

The last person came in after him as soon as he was changing into uniform.

"Um, are you Takeyama Keisuke by any chance...? Sorry, I'm Hiori Yo by the way." Asked the boy with cyan colored hair.

"Well, if my name is Takeyama Keisuke, which it is, then you are be correct, nice to meet you cyan-kun." Answered Keisuke as he held out his hand.

Hiori then slowly held out his hand as he muttered," Cyan-kun...? Ah right nice to meet you too."

"So is it true that you're going to join Real Madrid just like Itoshi Sae?" Asked Hiori.

"Well, yes it is true I'll be joining Real Madrid just like Sae-kun it was meant to happen after nationals, but I'll have to try this out first." Said Keisuke while laying down stretching.

"Ah, really... wait what number did you get? I got 250." Asked Hiori while also getting down to stretch.

"Well, if you count everybody up in this room then I would be the best out everybody here, though I don't know why I'm 245 if anything I should be Number 1." Keisuke said as he finished stretching.

BOOP!!

"Are you done changing, you unpolished gems?"

'Jinpachi Ego...!'

"Hey, Hey... The people in your room will be both your teammates... And your rivals."

"Represented by your ranking. We have estimated your potential based on my judgement and my peers' calculations... It is the number attached to your uniforms. With it, you can gauge your position among the 300 players in this facility."

'Rank 245... What a fucking joke.'

"Your ranking will change daily based on several factors. For example, going up or down based on your training or the results of your games. And unconditionally, the top five players will participate in a certain tournament six months from now... They will become the selected strikers for Japan's U-20 National Team playing at the World Cup."

"Huh...?!"

'Eh? The U-20 team. Does he have the power to do that?'

"Also... Those who are defeated at Blue Lock... Will be permanently barred from Japan's National Team. We are looking for one crucial component here: 'Ego'. That is what we will measure as you live here in this facility."