Chapter 95

I stared down aghast at the crumpled body on the ground. It was barely recognisable. Covered thoroughly by blood and gore as it was. The face peeking out from  the messed up heap was also badly done in. But instinctively I knew that I was looking down at me.

The horror I was feeling wasn't all my own. Infact what I felt was nothing compared what was boiling up this body that I was presently occupying. Lucian's body.

He stared transfixed horrorfied by my collapsed body. I didn't think he had realised I was in here with him. His senses must have been really ravaged by all that Vanessa had done to him. And to think she claimed to love him. That had me snarling out from my own anger spiraling back out of bounds.

Thankfully the sound did not emerge from Lucian's mouth. Instead, all that happened was that Lucian got jolted back into awareness of me. He now knew I was with him. Our souls already united in love presently occupied his body.

This was as intimate with Lucian as I could possibly get. And I would have relished the moment more than any other had the imminent danger of our combined death not been at immediate risk.

The change in Lucian was incredible. Spurred on by our united souls his recovery was rapid even for an original. The gasp of shock and the surprise that flickered through Vanessa's eyes said it all. But Lucian and I didn't care. We had just one goal in mind.

Kill the bitch and get the hell out of here.