Chapter 32

I felt stupid doing it but I didn't know what else to do. So I offered Lucian the silent treatment.  In a way it was the ideal revenge. At least now he knew exactly what it was like not knowing what he felt for me had been like all these years.

I had pushed away from Lucian and rand out the kitchen door needing space. Nicky had stopped by me on the alert over possible problems and why shouldn't he be. Lucian had strode out in my wake with a malevolent expression that had me shuddering in fear.

"Get away from her," he all but growled at poor Nicky.

It was only then I realised that his anger was directed not at me but at Nicky.  Specifically his close proximation to me.

But Nicky didn't move even an inch. He stood rooted beside me seemingly provoking Lucian's wrath. I panicked on his behalf and placed my hands to shove him aside. I was standing in front of Nicky challengingly when Lucian appeared one inches from me. 

Again he didn't look at me but kept his eyes trained unblinkingly on Nicky, pressed up behind me unflinchingly.

I turned to look frantically at my dad who looked back worriedly at me.

"I have got the picnic packed. Its a hot day perfect for the water hole," I said rathwr feebly.  But dad backed me up on it.

"What a good idea dear. Ring that bell for me and your mum will come in. We can head out directly, " said dad unthinkingly.  I offered him a mild glare of exasperation but then inspiration struck.

"Nicky,  could you ring that bell for me?" I asked softly turning my head to look up at him. He gave a brief jerky nod before he turned away to do my bidding.  I took over from his glaring at Lucian with my own less effective glare.

But Lucian only dropped me a sheepish lopsided grin in reaction. So I slapped at his chest with both hands and said," Don't forget your bathers!"

I drove my mum and dad and left the two vamps to make their own way to the water hole. It was more then just a hole in the ground as the name implies. The surrounding was scenic and there was a little water fall too. The water was cool and refreshing as it trickled out from the wide pool into a brook.

I shed my clothes off immediately and left it to mum to unpack the picnic. I sprung off a boulder and with a splash dived into the cold water. I struck out immediately against the cold. The water was a complete contrast to the surrounding heat. Flapping my feet languidly as my body got used to the change in temperature I almost shot up in shock when cold hands gripped about my waist chillingly.

I opened my eyes instead and encountered Lucian's baleful stare. He was not happy with my treatment of him. Sighing heavily I allowed my feet to touch ground and I straightened up from my floating position.

"Will you never forgive me? " He asked me directly.  I frowned up at him but found I couldn't lie.

" I love you, " I said simply.  As if it was self explanatory.  And it was. How could I not forgive the man I love.

I found myself almost crushed against him then. And the sensation was almost errotic. It was also provoking extreme lust on my part because I noticed he was naked.

I pulled back my head to gasp up at him. He was waist deep in the water with us and in the nude.

"I didn't know I would be going swimming on this trip so I didn't pack any bathers," he said grinning mischievously with a wicked glint in his eyes.  I glanced around at my mum and dad both in the water now enjoying a romantic interlude of their own and swiftly turned away from that sight,  face flushed red.

"I love it when you blush," he whispered huskily to me.  I glanced up at him knowing that I blushed rather rarely but only because I seemed to have a constant shortage of the essential red concoction  that sped through my vains to produce that outcome. 

He pulled me closer against him and I tentatively rested my head on his chest and allowed my hands to drift down the cold contours of his back and come to a rest over the curve of his flanks.

His growl was deep and his swoop down to capture my lips a shock. Not because it was unexpected but because his lips was so soft and tender on mine unlike ever before.  I was weak and trembling in his arms when finally he let me up for air.

The kiss that followed that was swift and firm more inline with his usual style. The begun to rain on me. His lips descending where they will in rapid succession thst left me literally plundered and breathless so that I had to pinch his arse to get him to stop.

He stared down at me in shock.

" I.... need....to....breathe."

I panted up at him in some relief.

"Oh God! "

I found myself smothered again.  Being frail was a lament in itself especially as it left me constantly on the brink of death with him even if never quite there.

"Honey!  Come get some lunch,"  called out my mum at tbe most opportune time. I was released instantly and turned away with gratitude.

I climbed out slowly feeling strangely weak.

The gasp that was emitted had me turning to catch the horrified gazes of everyone there. I stared on in bewilderment for a moment before realising what this was all about.  I looked practically emaciated in my bathers. It was usually why I kept myself well covered.

Even from Lucian... especially from Lucian.

I turned in horror to face him now.