Chapter 69

" We're over, Vanessa.  My lawyers will be in touch with yours," said Lucian appearing unperturbed by her threats.

"You have no inkling of what I am capable of..," Vanessa started to say but was rudely interrupted.

"You were on birth control for the first two years of our marriage.  Then after your dad found out and put a stop to that you proceeded to abort my babies before he got wind of your part in all those miscarriages. I believe I am more than aware of exactly what you're capable of," said Lucian tightly.  His softly spoken words a clear contrast to the rage now apparent on his features.

I stood there trembling in hurt on his behalf.  I couldn't believe he suffered five years with this...this monster. 

"I did it all for you. Everything I ever did was for you. The clause in the contract was clear. You would be free to leave me on our first child. I couldn't let that happen.  Don't you see? I love you, " said Vanessa in an emotionally charged moment. The icy veneer cracked a moment to reveal something of a warm heart. But what she did to achieve her goals spoke of anything but love. She was evil. Pure and simple.

" Fuck you,  Vanessa," said Lucian without inflection. " Fuck you and fuck your love!"