Chapter 4: Family is Forever

Start from the beginning

Next to them both was Sasha's father, Thomas Waybright, who looked ready to punch someone since he was kind of suspicious of where they were. He was a fairly strict, but kind man once...that did kind of change after his divorce with his wife, which even The Boonchuys could tell affected Sasha just as much. Perhaps even more.

"Alright, what's going on?" Thomas asked, crossing his arms.

Bee faced his wife. "Is X here yet?" He whispered.

"He'll be here in a minute," Oum whispered back, before she took a deep breath, and then stepped forward. "Alright, everyone... the reason why Bee and I have brought you all here is because..."

She closed her eyes for a moment, before opening them and looking at her friends in the eyes.

"We have a lead to where the girls are."

Chen's eyes widened and he looked at the Boonchuys, his face full of shock, and for the first time in months, a glimmer of hope sparkled in his eyes.

"Y...You know where Marcy is?" Lin asked, her eyes as wide as her husband's.

Thomas stepped forward. "A-And Sasha...?"

Then, that's when Mr. X himself, followed by a few agents, entered the room. Mr. X was holding some kind of laptop. "Yes. Yes, we do."

"Where are they?" Chen suddenly spoke in a raspy voice, causing almost everyone in the room to jump; especially with the fact that they hadn't heard him speak in months. "Where's my baby? Is she okay? Is she alive?!"

Mr. X bit his bottom lip for a second before sighing. "Well, we don't exactly know...but we can confirm one thing. Their location." He then opened the laptop...showing multiple pieces of footage that showed what they saw of Amphibia, the giant praying mantis, and almost too much footage of the Plantars.

And that's when the soldiers, to prove that it wasn't fake, brought in the giant praying mantis, which was chained down, too weak to even try to escape. Thomas yelped a bit. "WHAT THE HELL?!"

Chen's eyes widened and he gasped, stepping backwards in fright. He even almost fell to the floor, swearing in Mandarin. "Nà shì shénme tiān a?!"

Mr. X chuckled quietly at that, since the reaction was fairly priceless. He then cleared his throat. "Your daughters have been transported to another dimension dubbed Amphibia, which as it sounds, is a world filled with frogs, newts, and toads. According to Oum and Bee Boonchuy, they were transported there by a portal from a music box Marcy found after...well, something happened. I don't exactly know that part." He said. "Anyway, Anne managed to come back to Earth with a warning. Their king and ruler, King Andrias, is planning to use the music box to transport himself here...and invade the entire planet."

He then gestured to the mantis. "And if you don't believe us, look at that."

Chen's eyes widened and his mind suddenly went numb. His face went terrifyingly blank, and he stared at Mr. X for the longest time.

Lin was dead silent before she finally spoke. "Someone catch me-" She said before fainting, with Bee rushing in and catching her.

Oum's face filled with concern as she walked over to Chen, her hand raised as if she was trying not to scare a wild animal. "Chen?"

Chen couldn't hear her. His mind was overcome with memories. Every single memory he had of Marcy... his baby girl. His sunshine... the center of his galaxy...

She ran away. She had run out of the house, upset about moving away from her best friends, and it was all his fault.

She found the music box and...and tried to run into another world on purpose. Just to get away from her 'home'. To get away from him.