Honorary Children And Biological Children

Hello! So sorry for not uploading this long, but life got in the way! I found a new residency and I had to re-evaluate my routine. I am constantly tired now but I'm happy because I'm finally moving forward with my studies!

So, I was running to my college city to take care of the paperwork for that and the days fell in between Orthodox Easter, which was also busy two weeks. Then it was the 1st of May which is a national holiday. Still, because it was falling on Sunday the holiday was moved to Monday which put extra stress on me because the following day I was starting my residency and I hadn't finished the paperwork or I was insured.

Furthermore, on Sunday 15th it was my birthday and I turned 23 years old! And today, it's my mum's birthday and the 6 years anniversary since my maternal grandma's passing.

Lastly, this is my present to you! Thank you for the support you've shown on this fanfiction!

Enjoy!

The next morning Gibbs woke up feeling as if yesterday was just a fever dream but seeing Shannon quietly trying to climb down the stairs to the kitchen confirmed for him that it was all a reality.

Woke up and saw Kelly making breakfast confused he checked his watch and realized he had overslept for ten minutes. What? That never happened!

"Voight and Kevin just landed they will get some shut-eye and be by NCIS around noon with the suspect." Kelly informed Gibbs who nodded still sleepy as he poured some coffee.

He then sat and watched the scene of a family breakfast play out in front of him. It was so odd!

At 8 am they were all ready to go and piled up in their cars.

Shannon was once again seated at Gibbs' desk listening in to the team brainstorming while she sketched trying to keep herself busy.

It was around early noon when Shannon's feet started getting numb and she had finished her drawing of creating a sort of 3D calligraphic version of Jimmy Palmer's name as a thank you for patching up her wounds, she would have painted with colors but she had none so pencil would have to suffice. She stood up and said to her dad she got a cramp and she would walk it off around NCIS HQ. Connor nodded and let her go as she started heading towards Jimmy Palmer's autopsy.

"Doctor Palmer?" She called out a little crept out by the darkness and the sound of the fridges.

Confused she didn't find the good doctor in she decided to head back upstairs only when she waited for the elevator it opened and she came face to face with Palmer and an older man who looked at her surprised.

"Doctor Palmer, I found you!" Shannon said smiling happily and Jimmy quickly checked with his eyes her injured areas praying she didn't pull any of her stitches and seeing no sign of blood was gladly wrong.

"Yep! Shannon I would like you to meet Doctor Mallard, he was the one who taught me everything I know and he's one of your grandpa's, Gibbs', oldest friends. He's visiting. Doctor Mallard I would like you to meet..."

"Shannon Elizabeth Severide Rhodes, pleasure to meet you Doctor Mallard. You taught him beautifully, he saved my life I'm told." Shannon she said smiling kindly as she offered her hand for a handshake. Ducky was surprised by how talkative the girl was for being Gibbs' granddaughter.

"The pleasure is all mine, Miss Severide-Rhodes. Call me Ducky." Ducky said kindly and Shannon nodded as she followed the adults back inside the autopsy feeling less creepped out than before.

"What brings you down here, Shannon?" Jimmy asked intrigued and Shannon nervously handed him her drawing.

"This is for you, as a thank you for saving me. If I had my phone I would have ordered you a homemade candle my best friend Annabelle's cousin makes, as a thank you but it's in evidence so I made this instead. Also, I didn't know if you were allergic to any scents or candles themselves..." Shannon said nervously and Jimmy had a huge smile on his face and said a tearful thank you as he tried to hide his tears. Ducky smiled and was surprised by Shannon's drawing skills.