Chapter 6: Call Me Crazy

Start from the beginning

“Marcus?!” Dante seethed. I smiled at him and raised my hands in surrender.

“I’m sorry Dante.” I said backing up a little. Dante frowned at first but then a smile grew across his handsome face. Get a hold of yourself Marcus!

“What brings you here? Where’s your girlfriend?” Dante said with the smile still on his face. Somehow I felt he was up to something.

“She’s probably still at home…me and her aren’t really speaking right now.” I said sighing. At that moment, it seemed that Dante’s face lit up. Was he happy that me and Chanel were not getting along?

“Well that’s too bad.” Dante said, his smile still gleaming on his face. Was he being sarcastic? What the fuck?!

“Why are you smiling still?” I asked furrowing my eyebrows and sneering at him. His smile still didn’t drop from his face. It kind of turned me on…wait…WHAT??

“Because…you’re here.” Dante said softly, still keeping his cool exterior with that charming smile.

“You didn’t return my calls.” I said, ignoring his reason for smiling. His smile finally dropped and a look of disgust grew on his face.

“I was busy…OK? I didn’t want to talk to anyone.” Dante replied almost too quickly. I raised my eyebrow and shot him an are-you-hiding-something-because-you-seemed-pretty-defensive-and-quick-to-answer-my-question look. I should totally patent that. The “AYHSBYSPDAQTAMQ Look”. Maybe not. The acronym is too long. But anyway…

Dante looked away from me and I was puzzled. What was going on?

“Care to share?” I asked, making his eyes quickly snap to mines. I almost melted instantly…

“I can’t…I just didn’t want to talk to anyone.”

“Why?”

“Don’t worry about!” Dante snapped. I felt hurt at his reply.

“I don’t like when it’s like you ignore me…” I said without thinking. I quickly regretted what I said. Dante’s smile returned but it also seemed he had an attitude.

“If I ignore you, it’s because I’m trying to keep myself from getting hurt.” Dante said with that smile, but attitude was laced in his voice.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked surprised. Could it be that he was in fact distancing himself from me?

“Don’t worry about me. Worry about yourself…or Chanel…or whoever.” Dante said now with a frown coming to his face. The fuck was his problem?

“What the fuck?!” I gasped out, feeling angry all of a sudden.

“Don’t ‘What the fuck’ me. You’re so confusing!” He said with a glare. I was getting so heated now. What the hell was wrong with him?

“I’m confusing?!” I could feel my voice rising. Dante put on a devilish smirk and furrowed his eyebrows.

“You…you have Chanel and you obviously love her so much. But then you go getting my hopes all up. Making me feel the way I do! You give off a vibe of temptation. You fucking like me and you know it!” Dante said stepping closer to me. I was stunned but I also could feel myself getting raging mad. Who the fuck was he to say some shit like that to me? I fixed my mouth to say something but he started up again.

“You quiver at my very touch. You seem so inviting. But now, you throw the fact you have a girlfriend in my face. Yet, you still do shit like this and look at me the way you do.” Dante seethed. I gaped at Dante. I was angry at how he approached me just now. How could I be mad though? He had a point.