Prologue- Sweeter Than Fiction

Here's the first part!! Thank you so much for everyone's patience, I've been so excited to get this story started 🥰 I hope you enjoy!

-Art coming soon!-

Violet

|////////////////|

|////////////////|

~The glittering city of Piltover
stared up at me as I glowered back, my arms folded over my chest. With my feet planted at an angle atop a warm metal rooftop, I swept my eyes over the majestic buildings and intricate streets, mapping out a route in my head. I had been hinting at a particularly "sweet'' present for Powder's tenth birthday, and now that said special day had arrived, it was time to make sure we would actually make it to our destination without catching the attention of any enforcers on patrol.

"Do you think I'll ever get to ride in one of those?" Powder's hand tugged at my shirt as she pointed up into the crystalline sky, the airship that held her attention soaring over our heads with the sound of metal rutters slicing cleanly through the air. I watched it silently until it was further into the city skyline, then sat down on the heated metal and tugged Powder into my lap with a small smile.

"Knowing you, Pow-Pow, you'll probably build one of your own someday." I rested my chin on her mop of choppy blue hair and tapped out a random rhythm on her knees.

She leaned back into me and tilted her head to meet my eyes, smiling brightly. "You think so?"

I bapped her nose lightly and pressed a kiss to her temple. "I know so. And I bet you a million cogs it'll be better than any dumb Piltie balloon. I'll even help you get the parts, once you're feeling more confident about moving around the city. We can explore and loot together, what'd you say?"

Powder giggled and scooted further into my hold, snuggling against me. "I think that sounds good."

"Perfect."

We sat in comfortable silence for a couple minutes, enjoying the sunshine and the smooth breeze. Powder suddenly piped up, her fingers playing absentmindedly with a tattered shred of my shorts. "I love you, Violet."