Chapter 4: Theo-

Everyone was excited for the party, but he could tell it was gonna be one of those parties that got on his nerves. Too many people at a party could make a party less fun. Considering how many people were already in the common room, he could tell it was going to be exactly that.
He drank some with his friends, but found that the crowded room was too much for him. He wasn't exactly in a partying mood anyway.
He decided to go to his room and drink a little there and see where the night takes him.
Nobody was in there when he got there. He figured at least one of the boys would be, but it was empty. He didn't feel like going to look for them, so he just chilled in his dorm for a little bit.
After about 15 minutes someone walked in, but it wasn't a boy.
Florence walked in, clearly looking for someone.
"Oh, sorry Theo. There's too many people in there, I can't anymore" she says.
"It's okay, that's the reason I'm in here too" he says.
"Really? You don't like it when it's like that either" she asks.
"Never have" he states.
There's a pause before she says "I was looking for Draco. Do you happen to know where he is"
"No clue. I figured he would be in here, but it was empty when I arrived" he answers. "I'm sure he'll be back soon, you can just wait on him in here"
"You don't mind" she questions.
He sighs before saying "I guess not"
They both just laugh at each other.
They talk for a little bit before Florence sighs.
"I'm bored" she looks around and straightens up. "Let's play truth or drink"
He raises his eyebrows, tilts his head and looks at her "okay"
Truth or drink is a game where you ask a question and if the other person doesn't want to answer, they take a shot.
They both knew it could be a dangerous thing, but it was a fun idea.
"Ok me first" she starts the game.
They play for about 20 minutes, each take about 2 shots. They start with easy going questions, just learning about the other. They were surprisingly having a lot of fun being a bit tipsy. It made them more vulnerable than they normally, and like to be.
"what's your body count" she spices it up.
"Pour the shot" he says.
"Oh c'mon, are you kidding me" she laughs.
"I'm not telling you" he states.
"Why not? It's not like you care" she says.
"Why would I be proud that my body count is 7 and I'm not even 17 yet. Why would I be proud that I'm a whore" he slips.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know" she says.
"I hate it, it's literally disgusting" he says.
"So then why did you do it" she asks.
"Nope, I answered my question. You're turn" he says.
He can tell she feels bad for assuming and is surprised that he doesn't like the fact that he's a whore. He's not one for opening up so easily, so he changes the subject to her.
"Why are you actually here" he asks.
He can tell she is thinking about answering the question or not when she sighs and says "so, my parents hate each other, right. They argue all the time and get so mad, but they take it out on me. One day, my dad took it a step too far"
He was not expecting that.
She lifted up her shirt to reveal her flat stomach. There was a dark purple mark on her side.
He barely touches her skin as he slides his fingertips over her bruised side. She doesn't even flinch.
"This happened a month ago, and it's still fresh. I demanded they bring me to a public school, and my dad wasn't going to argue with me after what he did. I hate it their now" she finishes.
"I'm so sorry, I had no idea" it was his turn to feel guilty now.
"It's okay, nobody did" she says.
They are silent for a moment and realize what just happened.
"There's humans under our masks, you know" she says.
"Yep, exactly. I just have a very realistic looking mask" he jokes.
"I've noticed" she says.
"I've noticed yours too" he says.
She may read him well, but he also reads her well too and pays attention to her a lot.
"You're the first. Other than Draco" she admits.
He raises his eyebrows.
"Alright my turn, why did you sleep with all those girls" she asks.
"As some sort of distraction. Drinking was worse last year too." He says.
"Why" she pushes.
"My turn" he smirks. "Why haven't you told Draco or Blaise"
She looks down before looking up again and says "because then they will know that I'm not okay and I could relapse"
"What" he gasps.
"My turn" she grins. "Why"
He sighs before saying "my dad's a death eater and he left me and my mom"
"Theo" it's her turn to gasp.
"You aren't supposed to know that, though" he realizes. "I need to quit drinking"
"Obviously" she says. "To both of those"
It's quiet for a second before he mumbles "I'm so terrified I'm going to turn out like him"
"I'll tell you what I told Draco. You're your own person, Theo. Just cause you're dad was a bad person doesn't mean you are too because you aren't" she says.
"He's lucky to have you, you know" he says without realizing.
"It goes both ways. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him" she says.
"Which leads me to my question. What were you talking about" he asks.
"When I was almost 13 I was raped. My dads friend was over when I was already asleep. I was so small that by the time I woke up, it was too late" She starts. "I tried to hide it, but by the time I was 13, Draco saw right through me. about a week after I told him, he found me and saved my life. I was severely depressed for months. That's why sex terrifies me, but nothing else like that really does. I was finally starting to heal when my dad did that to me. It's one thing after another I swear, and Draco would worry sick. He has so much going on already, I would hate to add to it"
"You know Draco, he would want you to tell him" he adds "that's so serious, Ren. You need to tell someone, like an adult. He needs to go to jail"
He was actually getting angry at what she just told him.
"Theo, it's over and done with. Seriously, it's in the past now" she says.
"No, he deserves time" he pauses. "At least tell your dad, he would do something about it. If he doesn't beat the shit out of him, I will"
She laughs before saying "you're protective as shit when you want to be"
"Well, do you blame me? That's horrible, Ren" he exclaims.
"We've been through some shit, haven't we" she sighs.
"Yeah, no doubt. Maybe we have more in common than we think" he says.
"I know we have more in common than we think"
She smiles. "I always have"
"It's your turn" he says.
"Why did your patronus not work" she asks.
"I simply couldn't think of a memory that was happy enough. I don't have any" he says.
"Yet" she adds. "Always hope, Theo"
He was amazed at the change in environment. They went from being so hesitant to answer, to just laying it all out there. He couldn't help but grow trust toward the girl.
They talk about how he thought she wasn't a virgin because of how she acts. She explains that it's a facade so she has complete control of the situation. She teases the guy, and walks away. They think she just did that to mess with them, but it's actually so she doesn't have to do anything further. It works every time.
She tells him how she doesn't know if she'll ever be ready to have sex because of what happened. Even if she trusts the guy with her whole heart, it would bring her so much pain from before.
Of course, he is speechless. He had no idea and feels guilty for things he has done to her.
They play for 30 more minutes, just asking tons of questions they have always wanted to ask each other. 
"Why do you hate me so much" she asks.
He's taken aback by this question. He almost forgot that he doesn't like this girl.
His mind was going blank.
"I don't know" he says. "I guess I never really did"
"Bullshit" she says.
"I was shitty, I know" he admits. "I hated the idea of a massive change, you can imagine why. I guess knowing you would change our friend group wasn't ideal for me. I didn't know you, and you were the reason this was happening, so I guess I just took it out on you"
"Sorry I wasn't in your plan" she jokes. "What else"
"What do you mean" he asks.
"Well, I know that's not the only reason you don't like me" she pushes.
"You're intoxicating, and I hate it" he admits. He did not mean to say that out loud.
"What does that mean" she asks.
Right when he was about to change the subject, all of their friends walk in.
"Saved by the bell" she mumbles.
He just stares at her. That was the reminder he needed that he hates her.
They're all surprised at the scene in front of them.
Blaise, with confused eyes, says "have y'all been in here for the last hour we've been looking for y'all"
"Yes! We're playing truth or drink. Y'all have to join us, it's actually been fun" she says with a smile.
"How drunk are y'all" Enzo laughs.
"Uhhh, I'll take a shot" Theo replies.
Everyone laughs at his comment.
"Did y'all know Theo peed himself in 3rd year because he thought he saw a dementor" Florence blurts.
"Really?" Theo looks at her, but can't help the smile.
"It was his most embarrassing secret since he's been here because 10 minutes before that, y'all were talking about how dumb you would have to be to be scared of a dementor" she explains.
"Theo's a pussy" Draco laughs.
Theo glares at her. She can tell he is saying 'fuck you for that' by the look on his face. She just gives him a 'you could never hate me' grin.
The group spends hours playing the game. Everyone was drunk and willing to tell any story they could. They were quick to tease each other and many new inside jokes were made.
They don't remember how it got to be 3:45 in the morning, but next thing they know, people from the party started to make their way to bed.
They all exchanged a 'holy shit' look before saying goodnight.
Florence got a little ways down the hall when she heard the door open. She didn't think anything of it until she heard footsteps.
"Ren!" It was Theo.
She turns toward him, looking confused.
"Please don't tell anyone" he pleads.
"Of course I'm not telling anyone, Theo. I never planned to" she reassures.
He starts to walk with her.
"You can't tell anyone either. Especially Draco" she says.
"I won't. That's not my business to tell" he says.
She looks at him with raised eyebrows.
"What? I have more respect for you than that" he says.
"I trust you, Theo. Don't screw that up" she says.
"I could say the same thing for you" he stares at her with those words.
"I don't know, I might have to pull out my obliviate charm" she jokes.
They stop at her dorm door and face each other.
"You wouldn't" he says sarcastically.
She grins at him. For a second he is tempted to kiss her. He pushes that thought down and blames it on the alcohol. He hates himself for even having that thought.
He shifts positions.
"Goodnight, Theo. Thank you for walking me, even though you know I'm fine" she smirks.
"You're welcome" he corrects as he walks away, grinning.
———————————————
Sunday was spent catching up on homework due the next day that they haven't started yet. That's how it was every time.
The group was a lot closer than the week before. They made new memories each time they hung out.
It was a lot more relaxed than the day before, but eventually the weekend was coming to an end.
Theo couldn't sleep for anything. He did what he always did when he couldn't sleep; sit in the astronomy tower for a little bit. It was relaxing and he loved the stars.
This time when he went up there, it wasn't empty.
Florence was sitting on the edge, with her feet dangling off the side. She was staring at the stars with the rail against her chest. She was laying her head on her arms and her arms were folded on the rail.
Theo snuck behind her and gently pushed her towards the edge, being careful to not let her go.
"Be careful" he jokes.
"God, Theo you scared me" she smacks his arm as he sits down next to her.
"Can't sleep either" he asks.
"Nope. This is my spot when I can't sleep. The stars are peaceful" she says.
"Yeah, I love the stars too. That's why I come down here so much" he says.
"Have you gotten caught yet" she asks.
"Nope. Nobody in this school knows that I come here often" he says. "You're the first"
She smiles before saying "same for me"
He looks up at the stars and feels Florence move. She lays down straight on her back.
He looks at her and asks "what's wrong"
She is silent for a moment and looks at him with confused eyes.
"How did you know something was wrong" she asks.
"You aren't the only one who can read people well" he says.
"Not people. Just you" she says.
"Why's that" he asks.
"I haven't figured that out yet" she says.
"Well if it makes you feel any better, I suck at reading people. I don't pay attention enough for that" he says.
"But you pay attention to me enough to know" she smirks.
He stares at her for a second before scoffing and looking away.
He hates her for that. That is exactly the reason he can't stand her.
He pushes the fact that they just know each other well enough to read the other deep down.
"You never answered my question" he finally speaks. "What's wrong"
"I'm getting the feeling that the girls here don't like me, and never will" she says.
He just looks at her.
"Well you're best friends with the most attractive and most popular boys in the school. Of course they don't like you" he states.
"Why? I didn't do anything to them and they all give me bitchy looks" she chuckles. "I've tried so hard to make more friends, but they are all so short with me"
"They're jealous. Don't let them get to you, they're jealous for a reason" he says.
"So full of yourself, I swear. You give yourself way too much credit" she laughs.
"That's not what I meant" he says as she sits up, avoiding eye contact.
He can see the moment when it clicks in her mind what he meant.
She stares at him for a moment before saying "oh"
They sit in a comfortable silence, their minds running. It was comforting to both of them for some reason. Just being in the others presence was enough.